Popeyes Bahamas Bowl

GMG24

2 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Not now

Go Navy!

Why?  I have a son and daughter-in-law both serving as Medical Officers in the Navy and my daughter-in-law's Dad was a retired Master Chief.  It's personal.

Go Navy!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

6 hours ago, GreenMachine said:

Actually EMU has more 1st downs, more total yards and have held the ball longer. But watching the game ODU seems to be in total control.

lol touché. I should have prefaced it!! Man these games get me ready for some UNT army baby!!! Let's go!!

3 hours ago, UNT86 said:

13,422 for ODU

Not bad, considering.

No way!! Where were they sitting?? Every time they panned the crowd there were nothing but empty seats.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

No way!! Where were they sitting?? Every time they panned the crowd there were nothing but empty seats.

Many times they count tickets sold.

The Armed Forces bowl had an "attendance" of 41k but there's no way there were that many there.

56 minutes ago, buff64 said:

Did anyone else hear what was said about ODU's football program ? In the eight years since they re-started their football program every home game has been sold out  , remarkable .

I said when we added Old Dominion that they would be the class of the Conference in short order.  Well they are playing in bowl games, selling out their stadium and have the largest athletic budget in the Conference.   They were an excellent addition to our conference.  

*Full disclosure their stadium only seats 20k.  Its still impressive though.

2 hours ago, buff64 said:

Did anyone else hear what was said about ODU's football program ? In the eight years since they re-started their football program every home game has been sold out  , remarkable .

Yup that's what happens when you don't build a gigantic stadium.  You can expand when necessary they're probably close to that point. 

2 hours ago, HoustonEagle said:

I said when we added Old Dominion that they would be the class of the Conference in short order.  Well they are playing in bowl games, selling out their stadium and have the largest athletic budget in the Conference.   They were an excellent addition to our conference.  

*Full disclosure their stadium only seats 20k.  Its still impressive though.

And, there is a mighty discussion going on at Old Dominion right now regarding increasing the size.  There is a fairly powerful factor that wants to keep capacity small to create "demand" for tickets and to keep the sellouts going.  There is another factor that would like to see capacity increased.  I read about this in the Norfolk paper each year about this time when I visit family in Norfolk/Chesapeake.  It will be interesting to see what the ultimately do as they update the stadium or build a new one.

• Upvote 1