'17 WR Sam Crawford (Rockwall) [Verbal: Tulsa]

Cerebus

Sam Crawford is 5'11", 188 lbs. We offered on the 16th based on his twitter post. Has tons of offers from G5: Colorado State, UTSA, T-State, USF, Tulane, Service Schools, Fresno, ECU and more. Huge area of need obviously, i'll get to watching his film soon.

Hudl: https://t.co/VLWP3Zqvhr

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Sam-Crawford-62237/RecruitInterests

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/16888

ETA: Originally started by @Caw Caw

Okay, so I watched the film finally (the day before Christmas Eve work is slow), I think the kid is fast, good hands and just an all around great athlete. He has a couple good stutter steps and moves to make the DBs hesitate just enough to beat them deep. I'd like to see what his route running looks like on shorter routes. Also adjusts to the ball well. He was used a lot on jet sweep, which would be an easy transition in Litrell/Harrell's offense. He reminds me a lot of Darnell Smith. Similar skill set and play style. If you watch Crawford's tape and then watch this I think you'll see it. I  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

I'll say it again, y'all make sure and like these tweets when players post about us. Show them some green love baby.

This is such a insane grey area.  The NCAA has ruled coaches can "click, don't type".  The have no guidelines specifically about social media interaction between fans and recruits, but I would be very very careful.

If you are going to do anything, I would limit it to likes or retweets.  Don't message the players. 

3 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

This is such a insane grey area.  The NCAA has ruled coaches can "click, don't type".  The have no guidelines specifically about social media interaction between fans and recruits, but I would be very very careful.

If you are going to do anything, I would limit it to likes or retweets.  Don't message the players. 

You should see some of the larger fan bases swarm kids once they tweet an offer. Some of the more aggressive fan bases that have stuck out to me are Utah and Iowa. God protect the ones who de-commit. I mean all sorts of messages. I think the rules will change because if they police this fans are going to cost the bigger schools a ton of penalties. And the NCAA monopoly wouldn't want to punish those schools.

2 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

And the NCAA monopoly wouldn't want to punish those schools.

The problem is that there is more than one example of a big school getting off with a warning, and a minor school facing serious consequences, for more or less the same actions.  If they ever do decide to make an example of someone, it's much more likely to be North Texas rather than Texas.  

Nothing wrong with Retweets or Likes from Boosters.  I believe it becomes illegal once some sort of contact is made but I could be wrong.  I would LOVE to have this kid here he can flat out play.  When you run away from people at that level in TXHSFB you got something going for you!  I just hope the Baylor's UT's of the world with new staffs don't swoop in a steal him late. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Nothing wrong with Retweets or Likes from Boosters.  I believe it becomes illegal once some sort of contact is made but I could be wrong

That's the problem.  No guidance on this thing.   I agree that retweets and likes are probably fine... just please don't message anyone.  

3 hours ago, Cerebus said:

That's the problem.  No guidance on this thing.   I agree that retweets and likes are probably fine... just please don't message anyone.  

When you say message what do you mean by that? 

I'm sure it has been brought up on here and may already be in the recruiting section, but do we have a list of ways/what is allowed in terms of contact between recruits and alumni, boosters, fans, and students? 

Not to say the information isn't good that we get from people on here(because I think its better to get information and be safe), but would be great if we somehow got in contact with the AD Staff and they gave us what is exactly allowed by the NCAA and possibly what UNT would recommend as well. Just so we know and we don't put UNT into any tough/rough spots. Hopefully this all makes sense, because honestly we could have a big impact with some of these kids. 

Also, Could be good for all of us to get a refresher with recruiting season heating up. 

• 4 weeks later...