Women's BB getting rolled by TX St.

GreenMachine

47 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Mitchell is having a bad sophomore slump.  She has recruited a bunch of pretty good off guards but is really suffering in the front court.   This team is not as talented as the men's team, but they also are having problems coming up with the right player rotation.   

Thanks to the Pre-season NIT, North Texas has only played four games at home, where they are 2-2.

Records Overall Home Away Neutral
All Games 3-8 2-2 1-3 0-3
Conference 0-0 0-0 0-0 0-0
Non-Conference 3-8 2-2 1-3 0-3

5 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

Thanks to the Pre-season NIT, North Texas has only played four games at home, where they are 2-2.

Records Overall Home Away Neutral
All Games 3-8 2-2 1-3 0-3
Conference 0-0 0-0 0-0 0-0
Non-Conference 3-8 2-2 1-3 0-3

They also play a much tougher oc schedule than the men.  Based on their oc play, they will have to struggle to be .500 in conference.   Their best line-up now, in reality is 5 guards.  I don't think that going to work against most of the teams in CUSA.   

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I didn't think they played with any energy in the first half.  Often I saw 5 players standing and watching.  They didn't seem to want to be here.

The 2nd quarter was especially brutal.

The 2nd half it was a whole different team.  Lots of energy.  Lots of hustle.  Where was that in the first half?

Bottom line, don't let an inferior team run out a 20 point lead.  Then, your best player needs to make her free throws when it counts.

Should have won.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Harry said:

What is the issue.  Is it mainly injuries or chemistry.  This team has really regressed from last season beating OU etc.

Adding that many players from big time conferences can take time to gel especially if any have egos (I hope they do).  You want every player on your team to think they're the best shooter etc.  just have to play together.  No doubt Mitchell will correct the bad effort.  I have way more faith in Mitchell than Benford and it isn't even close. 

• Upvote 3