San Diego (12/22/2016)

Army of Dad

Just now, CMJ said:

Yeah, I accidentally clicked post and then couldn't delete it.

shit...got excited for a moment....guess i can't call you a name due to the rules and stuff...so, the boys lost...damn...but one heck of a comeback, kinda...

• Upvote 3

if you feed the guy he should dominate.  So what team have you coached andrew?  I have watched a lot of basketball Brice should be a dominate force on the floor against smaller teams.  Why have a big guy if you are not going to use him.   32 scored a lot without him on the floor.  Bedford does not know how to use a big man.  Let 32 guard him and see how fast he gets in foul trouble.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

43 minutes ago, Bullyballer said:

We didn't need that pass by Woolridge. Needed the ball, not the fancy turnover. 

Nope- never meant any of you guys. But hope to one day.

34 minutes ago, THOR said:

no you don't...

Oh come on, I've met a fair number of people off of here and it's not that bad. Shoot, most of them (us?) will offer free food and beer at every tailgate...

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Yea lets let him stay out there and guard number 32. That way he could have scored more points... your no different then this why three people who down voted my above post. Ignorant when it comes to basketball and blinded by your hate of Benford. He will be gone at the end of the year (assuming/hoping). Why do you bother watching if you don't understand it? Especially if your going to comment. 

i stand corrected i forgot you coached the green and white game for the cheerleaders, i will walk away knowing i was shamed lol.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

Another much less talented and far less deep team beats NT.  

One of the worst games I have seen Combs have, don't know if he is still injured or just not mentally ready.  He is just not the relentless player he was last year.

I think NT did tire SD out, but the press was not ran well at all

SD with next to no bench beat a much deeper team 

There is a reason even the best teams limit their substitutions despite having great players on the bench.   

Benford always seems to let other team dictate pace and type of game

Another team with a nearly one man offense, that NT can not come close to stopping

Start Woolridge, Frazier, Combs, Lawson and choose one other.  I would say Brice but apparently Benford has no confidence in him.

Give the starters most of the minutes

Brice could be a force under most coaching staffs

There is still hope for NT in conference, but it is fading

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

Half time plan: attack the basket, box out, attack the basket, box out and do it all over again! This is a winnable game. We need to shut down their bigs as well. We are getting bullied in the pit and wasting energy on offense. Let Woolridge run point. He makes things happen! He drives and gets the d to collapse and kicks it out  or draws a foul. Woolridge, Frazier, Lawson, Holston, and Combs should be out there and they should box out. 

did you and @Bullyballer have a bet for how many basketball cliches you could shoe-horn into an otherwise incoherent paragraph?

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

9 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Another much less talented and far less deep team beats NT.  

One of the worst games I have seen Combs have, don't know if he is still injured or just not mentally ready.  He is just not the relentless player he was last year.

I think NT did tire SD out, but the press was not ran well at all

SD with next to no bench beat a much deeper team 

There is a reason even the best teams limit their substitutions despite having great players on the bench.   

Benford always seems to let other team dictate pace and type of game

Another team with a nearly one man offense, that NT can not come close to stopping

Start Woolridge, Frazier, Combs, Lawson and choose one other.  I would say Brice but apparently Benford has no confidence in him.

Give the starters most of the minutes

Brice could be a force under most coaching staffs

There is still hope for NT in conference, but it is fading

Brice has a LONG way to go to even be an average CUSA player. 

Much less a force.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, rws69 said:

Post-game handshakes had to be called off as some coaches and players started to get into a scuffle, as fans were loudly booing San Diego players while band was playing alma mater. Unfortunate end, but about time the team got angry.

I'd guess it was from the massive amount of elbows thrown all game and the douchetastic actions of #3 after the charge call at the end of the game. Benford and their head coach appeared to exchange some word and #12 was talking smack after the buzzer. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, southsideguy said:

if you feed the guy he should dominate.  So what team have you coached andrew?  I have watched a lot of basketball Brice should be a dominate force on the floor against smaller teams.  Why have a big guy if you are not going to use him.   32 scored a lot without him on the floor.  Bedford does not know how to use a big man.  Let 32 guard him and see how fast he gets in foul trouble.

Brice had a boot on his foot before the game. I am guessing he has some sort of injury to his ankle/foot.  Might have accounted for some of his lack of minutes.

Bottom line...we got hosed on that charging foul.  I was near that basket at the time watching with a UNT HOF-er BB player and we both saw it as a no-call and a rip! That ref had been on UNT all game.  Too bad a ref determined the outcome of this game.  Mean Green really came back hard to take a late lead.  One stop and the win is Mean Green.  One stop...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2