Jump to content
  • Image

Southeastern Louisiana (12/20/16)


Army of Dad
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

lol somebody clearly doesn't go to games or know anything about how Benford operates. These talking heads got me like ?

He does none of this and hasn't for a long time! They lose because they have no flow on offense because I believe there is to much micromanagement on that end of the court. Defensively we are decent but we will still run the same old zone that doesn't step out and give up way to many threes. That is how we lose, but I wouldn't bet on us losing here next two games. 7-5 heading into conference and then maybe 9-9 there. Benford barley gets his first winning season and then most likely he is gone. 

We don't lose bc of micromanagement on offense, we lose because we have NO offense, 1 on 1 and an occasional ball screen doesn't constitute offense. Embarrassing we barely beat an FCS school

  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Travis Scott said:

Well, in the 4 games I've been to this year and the 8 or so I went to last year...and every season he's been here,  he's subbed like crazy.  It's embarrassing to watch because he looks so lost as a coach.  I was pulling for him and very much wanted him to succeed...I still do...I hope he wins a ton of games for us...it's just hard to believe that anymore with our street ball approach.  

Don't know which four you have been to this year...but thank you for that...but you are completely incorrect on the subbing patterns.  This, as Andrew, has already stated ceased some time ago.  The subbing patterns are pretty consistent with every other team we have played.  This rap on Benford is simply no longer the case.  Now, do I wish he would leave some guys in longer?  Absolutely, but the NHL hockey line subbing has been a thing of the past for some time.  Just is...knock him for other things as you wish, but this is not one anyone can get on him about any longer.

14 hours ago, southsideguy said:

looks like a 105 fans at the game tonight?

I am guessing about 350.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Benford has at least got something right.   Woolridge and Frazier will make NT a better team closing out the season.  Some observations:

I look forward to seeing Woolridge's career at NT, This guy can play.

Likewise, Lawson, this player is standing out as a true freshman

Benford mentioned to look for NT to press more because of their depth

If Benford continues to play 10 or 11 players, it is probably a good strategy to try to run and tire out less deep teams

Brice did a little better, great ft shooting and less long shots; still would like to limit his offense to about five feet from the basket

Frazier has a smooth game, not flashy but seems to play very efficiently.

I doubt Benford survives, but there is going to be  a potentially very good team awaiting the next coach

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

I think Benford has at least got something right.   Woolridge and Frazier will make NT a better team closing out the season.  Some observations:

I look forward to seeing Woolridge's career at NT, This guy can play.

Likewise, Lawson, this player is standing out as a true freshman

Benford mentioned to look for NT to press more because of their depth

If Benford continues to play 10 or 11 players, it is probably a good strategy to try to run and tire out less deep teams

Brice did a little better, great ft shooting and less long shots; still would like to limit his offense to about five feet from the basket

Frazier has a smooth game, not flashy but seems to play very efficiently.

I doubt Benford survives, but there is going to be  a potentially very good team awaiting the next coach

Agree with these points. I think the press could be very effective, especially if Deckie is back. That gives us enough depth to wear down some teams. I think it was helpful having players like Woolridge and Frazier come off the bench, SELA had no one on the bench of that caliber and were clearly tired in the second half.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

but you are completely incorrect on the subbing patterns.  This, as Andrew, has already stated ceased some time ago.  The subbing patterns are pretty consistent with every other team we have played.  This rap on Benford is simply no longer the case.  Now, do I wish he would leave some guys in longer?  Absolutely, but the NHL hockey line subbing has been a thing of the past for some time.  Just is...knock him for other things as you wish, but this is not one anyone can get on him about any longer.

I was at the game (which my wife and I attend about 99% of), and it seemed like we had a guy waiting at the scorer's table every minute.  2 of our "starters" didn't even play 20 minutes.  When Brice only has 2 fouls, scores 10 points, and is only on the floor for 14 minutes, we have a hockey team.  As soon as Deckie gets back we'll be running all 3 lines onto the ice.  I'd prefer for our coaches to identify who the best players are and give them all around 30 minutes + in order to finally build a bit of chemistry.  Unless he's battling injury or sickness, Brice better get a minimum of 25 - 30 minutes a game.  It looks like our coach has made a bunch of promises for minutes to a bunch of dudes, no matter what their production might be. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Maduro said:

I was at the game (which my wife and I attend about 99% of), and it seemed like we had a guy waiting at the scorer's table every minute.  2 of our "starters" didn't even play 20 minutes.  When Brice only has 2 fouls, scores 10 points, and is only on the floor for 14 minutes, we have a hockey team.  As soon as Deckie gets back we'll be running all 3 lines onto the ice.  I'd prefer for our coaches to identify who the best players are and give them all around 30 minutes + in order to finally build a bit of chemistry.  Unless he's battling injury or sickness, Brice better get a minimum of 25 - 30 minutes a game.  It looks like our coach has made a bunch of promises for minutes to a bunch of dudes, no matter what their production might be. 

We have 11 guys who can all play and all start (other than maybe Temara). We have depth and that's a good thing. Nothing wrong with subbing one or two guys in every other dead ball. He is not subbing in an entirely new 5 which is what he use to do. Who would you sit? Woolridge? Reese? Brice? Combs? Frazier!

  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.