Southeastern Louisiana (12/20/16)

Army of Dad

19 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

fun fact: the Super Pit has a capacity of right about 10,500. UNT has played 6 home games against division 1 opponents...in front of a reported total crowd of 10,234 people 

RV'd

Wren Baker could really look golden as our AD if he can hire someone that can win games and schedule somebody that fans have heard of and might care about playing us in Denton.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, untjim1995 said:

RV'd

Wren Baker could really look golden as our AD if he can hire someone that can win games and schedule somebody that fans have heard of and might care about playing us in Denton.

As to the scheduling part, we'll be lucky to get one such game (Oklahoma State or Texas Tech) a year unless you're OK risking a loss against a Southland or Sun Belt team, who all have some familiarity with North Texas fans to some degree.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

RV'd

Home schedule was really bad this year because Benford was trying to save his job. Remember, in basketball, the head coach makes the schedule. 

Even playing every weak sister of the poor he could schedule, he will at best be 2 games over .500 going into conference play. He won't win more than 2 or 3 conference road games. That means UNT is going to have to be hella good at home to approach another .500 season. 

Lets just hope a 4 year overdue change happens in March. Then this program can attempt to build from the complete ashes to which it has been reduced.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Home schedule was really bad this year because Benford was trying to save his job. Remember, in basketball, the head coach makes the schedule. 

Even playing every weak sister of the poor he could schedule, he will at best be 2 games over .500 going into conference play. He won't win more than 2 or 3 conference road games. That means UNT is going to have to be hella good at home to approach another .500 season. 

Lets just hope a 4 year overdue change happens in March. Then this program can attempt to build from the complete ashes to which it has been reduced.

But you already said your source told you Ernie was keepIng Benford. 

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Maduro said:

It looks like our coach has made a bunch of promises for minutes to a bunch of dudes, no matter what their production might be.

That is concerning.  Best 5 should play the most minutes.  I am not opposed to getting guys off the bench but you gotta start working on team chemistry at some point.

42 minutes ago, GreenMachine said:

Just pointing out your inconsistent statements which there are many. Like you used to cry about so many times before, you can put me on ignore if you like.

Na, I don't censor people that have different opinions than mine. Where is the fun?

As far as inconsistent statements, maybe like the time I told you that:

UNT would only have 5 games in 2015 (first one to do it, and did it in 2013).

Saying that RV needed to go and then actually DOING something about it. 

Saying that Benford needed to go by December of his first year (granted, an easy call for anyone not associated with RV and UNT). 

By telling you guys that you would miss Derek Thompson in 2014 (you did, terribly, whether you will admit it or not). 

Those are just off the top of my head. But that's probably why you hate me so much. Kill the messenger is a fun game to play.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

57 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Na, I don't censor people that have different opinions than mine. Where is the fun?

As far as inconsistent statements, maybe like the time I told you that:

UNT would only have 5 games in 2015 (first one to do it, and did it in 2013).

Saying that RV needed to go and then actually DOING something about it. 

Saying that Benford needed to go by December of his first year (granted, an easy call for anyone not associated with RV and UNT). 

By telling you guys that you would miss Derek Thompson in 2014 (you did, terribly, whether you will admit it or not). 

Those are just off the top of my head. But that's probably why you hate me so much. Kill the messenger is a fun game to play.

I don't hate you, you're my buddy.

Edited by GreenMachine
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Andrew said:

We have 11 guys who can all play and all start (other than maybe Temara). We have depth and that's a good thing. Nothing wrong with subbing one or two guys in every other dead ball. He is not subbing in an entirely new 5 which is what he use to do. Who would you sit? Woolridge? Reese? Brice? Combs? Frazier!

If your team has 11 starters, then you don't have 5 starters.  Most of these current guys can't hold the jock of past unt "starters" we've seen in the last decade.

Not including woolridge, you've named my preferred starting lineup.  If deckie could learn how to shoot again, i might consider adding him.

FWIW:

Mean Green minutes played
>= 26: 2 players (Combs is only player with 30 or more.  And he only got 30)
15-25: 6  players
<15: 2 players

SL minutes played:
>=26: 4 (2 players with 34/35 minutes)
15-25: 2
<15: 4

LSU minutes played vs. Charleston:
>= 26: 4 (3 players > 30 minutes)

Charleston
>= 26: 5 (3 players with 34, 35 and 37 minutes)
15-25: 1
<15: 2

10 hours ago, Andrew said:

We have 11 guys who can all play and all start (other than maybe Temara). We have depth and that's a good thing. Nothing wrong with subbing one or two guys in every other dead ball. He is not subbing in an entirely new 5 which is what he use to do. Who would you sit? Woolridge? Reese? Brice? Combs? Frazier!

Every other dead ball, really?

The latter part of your post suggests individual talent trumps a starting 5 chemistry.

I might be remembering wrong, but I think a lot of Calipari's Memphis and Kentucky's squads - despite the plethora of NBA ability - still had a core 5 or 6 that fans would identify with.  thoughts, @CMJ?

Edited by greenminer

18 minutes ago, greenminer said:

FWIW:

SL minutes played:

Charleston

The latter part of your post suggests individual talent trumps a starting 5 chemistry.

I might be remembering wrong, but I think a lot of Calipari's Memphis and Kentucky's squads - despite the plethora of NBA ability - still had a core 5 or 6 that fans would identify with.  thoughts, @CMJ?

I agree that we should get a set lineup but we really do have a legit 11 guys who can play. They are all streaky as well which may affect a set group. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

28 minutes ago, greenminer said:

FWIW:

SL minutes played:

Charleston

I believe so