Southeastern Louisiana (12/20/16)

Army of Dad

They've either blown out inferior opponents or been blown out by superior opponents. Not much gray in their scores. They've only shot 12 more threes than we have (per ESPN) and they've played an additional game than we have but they do shoot 41% from three. Free throw percentage is about the same as ours. They've led at the half in all of their wins and trailed at the half in all of their losses.

Just some quick facts I thought were interesting. Didn't dig deep into anything but it looks like we'll need to punch them in the mouth early if we want to win. Also like our chances if the game goes down to the wire since they haven't played any close games.

Thought it was worth mentioning that their leader in scoring and rebounding has been out since the Tulane game (game 2 of the year). Not sure what the deal is but their next three leading scorers are averaging around 14, 13, and 12 PPG.

• Upvote 2

I expect Benford to sub about every 30 seconds so no player gets into a groove. If anyone misses a shot or has a turnover they will be benched. Then, he will guide this team in "street ball" which will lead us to a frustrating offense.  I would love a win for the players but I'm not confident about this game. I hope #NewDenton will apply to basketball very soon. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Travis Scott said:

I expect Benford to sub about every 30 seconds so no player gets into a groove. If anyone misses a shot or has a turnover they will be benched. Then, he will guide this team in "street ball" which will lead us to a frustrating offense.  I would love a win for the players but I'm not confident about this game. I hope #NewDenton will apply to basketball very soon. 

lol somebody clearly doesn't go to games or know anything about how Benford operates. These talking heads got me like ?

He does none of this and hasn't for a long time! They lose because they have no flow on offense because I believe there is to much micromanagement on that end of the court. Defensively we are decent but we will still run the same old zone that doesn't step out and give up way to many threes. That is how we lose, but I wouldn't bet on us losing here next two games. 7-5 heading into conference and then maybe 9-9 there. Benford barley gets his first winning season and then most likely he is gone. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Andrew said:

lol somebody clearly doesn't go to games or know anything about how Benford operates. These talking heads got me like ?

He does none of this and hasn't for a long time! They lose because they have no flow on offense because I believe there is to much micromanagement on that end of the court. Defensively we are decent but we will still run the same old zone that doesn't step out and give up way to many threes. That is how we lose, but I wouldn't bet on us losing here next two games. 7-5 heading into conference and then maybe 9-9 there. Benford barley gets his first winning season and then most likely he is gone. 

@Travis Scott definitely goes to the games and was formerly not very down on Benford. (Certainly not as much as I've been)

I do think our offensive problems could be from too much "thinking" (or micromanagement)and not enough playing.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

@Travis Scott definitely goes to the games and was formerly not very down on Benford. (Certainly not as much as I've been)

I do think our offensive problems could be from too much "thinking" (or micromanagement)and not enough playing.

I believe they clearly are. They can't get in a flow because of the micromanagement and constant calls. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenDan said:

Benford says it is more nagging, and has been something they've known about for a while. Hopefully he is just resting up for conference play!

We are very deep even without Fuller and Pittman. 

Army... who are those two new guys sitting where Woolridge and Frazier always use to sit? Find out?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Aw hell. The old Benford might be trying to come back out. He's already twice turned around trying to figure out who he wanted to sub. Maybe he can't handle this many options...

8 minutes ago, CMJ said:

SELA 19

NT 18

10:09 to go

Frazier in and making an impact.

Edited by Army of Dad
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Harry said:

Who else offered Lawson?  I think we got a steal in this kid I really do.

I believe he will stay. Our school took a trip up to UNT to tour the campus and shows the kids about college life and talk to professors. We ran into him walking around and he sounded very happy here. We joked around about not working his headband on campus haha. He also had a lady friend with him. That always helps keeps guys around. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2