City of Champions

Cooley

Move over Duncanville, the new City of Champions is DeSoto High (TX)

2016 in Review:

Boys UIL Texas State Track Champions - 6A

Girls UIL Texas State Track Champions - 6A

Boys UIL Texas State Basketball Champions - 6A

NFL Super Bowl MVP (Von Miller)

UIL Texas Football State Champions - 6A Div II

Edited by Cooley
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

9 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Plus Denton since that's where Desoto got its QB from, right?

Rick

Don't forget Saginaw Chisholm Trail, because that is where Denton Guyer got him from as Robinson started there as a freshman. That dude was the starting varsity QB at three high schools in four years.

Since he graduates in December, he will have attended Desoto for a total of ALMOST four months. Kinda cheapens that state title in my opinion. 

Wonder where Robinson will land after he gets tired of TCU?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenZen said:

Don't forget Saginaw Chisholm Trail, because that is where Denton Guyer got him from as Robinson started there as a freshman. That dude was the starting varsity QB at three high schools in four years.

Since he graduates in December, he will have attended Desoto for a total of ALMOST four months. Kinda cheapens that state title in my opinion. 

Both parents are coaches. They seem to go where the jobs are. (Just like any other family in America) Nothing cheap about a State Championship at DeSoto; where they have been a game away from the title game for 3 or 4 years.  That Kyler Murray transfer into Allen High didn't help their chances. Never heard a DeSoto fan ever complain. Of course none of the Denton schools have ever benefitted from a key transfer. 

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Cooley said:

Both parents are coaches. They seem to go where the jobs are. (Just like any other family in America).

Don't leave out the most inportant part though,.....that they transferred their kids MOSTLY to better their education. LOL!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

19 hours ago, Cooley said:

Both parents are coaches. They seem to go where the jobs are. (Just like any other family in America) Nothing cheap about a State Championship at DeSoto; where they have been a game away from the title game for 3 or 4 years.  That Kyler Murray transfer into Allen High didn't help their chances. Never heard a DeSoto fan ever complain. Of course none of the Denton schools have ever benefitted from a key transfer. 

I think Disney is gonna make a movie about this Desoto team: a ragtag bunch of super recruits and sons of professional athletes that just can't win the big game until the athletic director offers the mother of the top QB in the country a well-paying job in the school district in exchange for transferring her son on the team. It is the ultimate underdog story!!!

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

21 hours ago, MeanGreenZen said:

Maybe at North Texas?

5 hours ago, MeanGreenZen said:

I think Disney is gonna make a movie about this Desoto team: a ragtag bunch of super recruits and sons of professional athletes that just can't win the big game until the athletic director offers the mother of the top QB in the country a well-paying job in the school district in exchange for transferring her son on the team. It is the ultimate underdog story!!!

This has been going on since the 80s, at the very least.  

11 hours ago, MeanGreenZen said:

Ragtag bunch? What a disgusting post. There always has to be some scandal when it involves schools south of downtown Dallas.   

• Downvote 7

12 hours ago, Cooley said:

Ragtag bunch? What a disgusting post. There always has to be some scandal when it involves schools south of downtown Dallas.   

You mean other than a history of cheating? And not just in south Dallas, I'm guessing you missed the thread @FirefightnRick started where loads of folks discussed the massive amount of transfers...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

15 hours ago, Cooley said:

It was a sarcastic post mimicking countless movie previews. I hope the post that disgusted you and made me laugh didn't force you to a safe zone with therapy dogs.  

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1