Bob Stoops, Joe Castiglione and David Boren should be fired

7 hours ago, GreenMachine said:

I agree but the girl that hit him first should face criminal charges as well. It's not okay, male or female, to put your hands on someone.

Based on a negative count, I guess it's okay for a female to push/slap/hit a guy. I guess it's okay to stab/burn/shoot a guy also as long as you are a buck 05 female?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

12 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I don't understand the world today. All about equality until it isn't. If a dude punched Mixon and he punches back it is self defense. If a girl punches Micon and he instinctively punches back it is assault. Why has it become ok for a woman to haul off and punch a man? I understand he is bigger and stronger and shouldn't have punched her but why is it ok for her to punch because she is smaller and weaker? Physical violence is ok provided you're a woman? It's just like the Amber Battle deal at Tech. You put your hand in the mouth of a lion and then get surprised when he bites. 

Is this a joke?  Prosectutors and police had a version of the video with sound.  Mixon used homosexual slurs against the girl's friend and she defended him.  She came back in the restaurant to get away from him, he followed her in.

Witnesses were interviewed, the videos - two of them - watched and heard.  In the end, the DA's office decided, based on all evidence gathered, that there was nothing to charge her with.

It had nothing to do with men versus women.  Plenty of women are charged with assault.  However, police and DA's offices take into account the totality of events the lead up to whatever crime is committed. 

Here, Mixon was in the wrong...and, in the wrong before he even hit the girl.

Edited by MeanGreenMailbox
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Is this a joke?  Prosectutors and police had a version of the video with sound.  Mixon used homosexual slurs against the girl's friend and she defended him.  She came back in the restaurant to get away from him, he followed her in.

Witnesses were interviewed, the videos - two of them - watched and heard.  In the end, the DA's office decided, based on all evidence gathered, that there was nothing to charge her with.

It had nothing to do with men versus women.  Plenty of women are charged with assault.  However, police and DA's offices take into account the totality of events the lead up to whatever crime is committed. 

Here, Mixon was in the wrong...and, in the wrong before he even hit the girl.

I saw, heard, or read nothing other than watching the video pasted above with the sound muted. All I saw was her push and then strike. Guess you all have more context. Sorry

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, GreenMachine said:

Based on a negative count, I guess it's okay for a female to push/slap/hit a guy. I guess it's okay to stab/burn/shoot a guy also as long as you are a buck 05 female?

Lol. Because "stab/burn/shoot" are exactly the same as a push and a 3 year old slap. 

I guess it's ok to punch that 3 year old as hard as you can if he slaps you, right? Because a 3 year old slapping you poses the same threat as this woman slapping a professional athlete with the force of that 3 year old.. 

The level of threat matters.it makes me wonder if those that don't understand that just want to excuse abusive behavior toward women for whatever reason. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I saw, heard, or read nothing other than watching the video pasted above with the sound muted. All I saw was her push and then strike. Guess you all have more context. Sorry

Me? 

We're talking about what has already happened in the criminal case two and half years ago.  After the incident, the PD and DA's office do their jobs:  interview witnesses, look at video, and apply whatever law is necessary to each person's actions.

When all of that was done, PD and DA's office decided there was no reason to charge the girl with anything.

It doesn't have anything to do with me.  It has to do with reality. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dusty Dvoracek had two or three assaults under his belt before Stoops kicked him off:  http://newsok.com/article/2866661

So, Mixon just hadn't had enough.  One isn't enough at OU.  But, they did let Dvoracek back on the squad a year later. 

They took in Missouri's Dorial Green-Beckham after he shoved a girl down a staircase, and appealed to the NCAA to get him eligible for the 2014 season - at the same time the whole Mixon thing was going down.

Let Title IX sex offender Frank Shannon back on the team in 2015.  Again...on one assault.  It takes two at "zero tolerance" Oklahoma, remember.

Oh, wait...also in 2014, they signed DeDe Westbrook who had twice been arrested back home for assaulting his baby mama.  But, of course, Stoops & Co. claim that the third party background screening service missed it, not OU.

OU is never in the wrong, just remember that.  Whether it's assaulting men or women, sexually or otherwise, once isn't enough at OU.

The only sin punishable upon first offense at OU is taking pay without working, like Rhett Bomar and J.D. Quinn did.  They didn't follow the protocol:  Assaults = redshirt "suspensions," but nonviolent offense that draw NCAA scrutiny get you kicked.

"Zero Tolerance" at Zero U.

Jacob Reed, 2013:  Walk-on offensive lineman, suspended indefintely because of his assault:  http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/oklahoma-football-player-arrested-assault-suspende/nZdHn/

See how that works?  Third-string, walk-on OL assaults, he gets the boot.  Starters and highly regarded recruits get a redshirt "suspension."  Pay attention and learn.

It's not just OU that does this.  It's just that they are the one going through it most publicly right now.

Daniel Brooks, November 2013, 4-star recruit, kick returner:  http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ousportsextra/ou-running-back-cited-on-assault-and-battery-complaint/article_128f4842-4e3c-11e3-be16-0019bb30f31a.html

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Kenny Still, Tony Jefferson:  http://newsok.com/article/3534703

It's pretty simple, really.  You go to google news, search "arrested" and "Sooners" and you come up with a few every year:  DUIs, marijuana, interfering with police, driving on suspended licenses.

The Mixon stuff - or, any of the start players or recruits...one time isn't enough at OU.  You've got to have multiples with Stoops before he kicks you off.

Maybe the best of all of the various OU-related arrests was the 2014 - hmmm, that year rings a bell at OU, no? - arrest of the team chaplain on drug and  larceny charges:
http://newsok.com/article/5357432

OU gonna OU.

Stoops is slowly rebuilding Switzer's brand.  All we're missing is the shooting and gang rape.  But, Stoops' contract runs through at least 2020, so there's plenty of time.  The attitude up there is already lax enough.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

DMN had a report last year about OU and Texas A&M being two of the top five schools in player arrest fro 2010-2015.  And, looky at who runs the A&M program - former OU OC Kevin Sumlin.  Some coaching tree for Stoops, huh? 

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesheadlines/2015/08/20/texas-am-oklahoma-among-fbs-leaders-in-player-arrests-over-last-five-years

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, dd992emo said:

Okay, I'll bite...

Dvoracek got into a couple of fights in college. The newspaper story linked says at least one of them was with a pair of brothers whose own father said they were drinking underage and basically got into a drunken brawl with DD. Dvoracek was reinstated and went on to become a lousy radio personality who annoys football fans of all schools, not just OU.

Yep, took in DGB. Appealed his eligibility, lost and he is in the NFL. I don't recall any violent incidents at OU.

Frank Shannon...first of all, WTF is a "Title IX Sex Offender"? Was he convicted of something of which I am unaware? His story is he had consensual sex with some girl. You can choose to believe him or the NCAA Title IX police. Oh wait, did I ask if he was convicted of something?

Jacob Reed, there was a piece of work. If you equate going after your ex and her current squeeze with DD's getting into a fight with some drunk teenagers, okay. Hope life in that paper bag is working out.

Daniel Brooks...huh? He got a ticket for a non-criminal complaint and you put him on this list? Sheesh...

Young guys get into scrapes. Dvoracek is the only one on this list who remotely approaches what Mixon did and even then it's pretty remote. I've been arrested twice...once in San Diego and once in Hong Kong. Both times were in a bar fight in which I was neither an instigator nor a participant, just an observer who got swept up. Never convicted of anything,, but given the height of the bar in this thread I should never have been allowed to finish school on scholarship.

Stoops is not perfect. Press people are writing click-bait columns about him right now, but after the Sugar Bowl they will move on to some poor schlub who gets drunk and screws up. Those of you who live in glass houses will move on with them, and it's probably good that there are people like you in the world. It gives those of us who stray farther than a couple of miles from their mommy something to giggle at. Get out in the world, spend the night in the Wanchai police station. Live a little...

Stoops is as big a snake oil salesman as any of the rest of the big school coaches.  Walk-ons who assault are gone; 5-star recruits are given a redshirt.  That's Stoops' history.

Sorry, Stoops and his followers can't have it both ways.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On December 19, 2016 at 0:12 AM, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Me? 

We're talking about what has already happened in the criminal case two and half years ago.  After the incident, the PD and DA's office do their jobs:  interview witnesses, look at video, and apply whatever law is necessary to each person's actions.

When all of that was done, PD and DA's office decided there was no reason to charge the girl with anything.

It doesn't have anything to do with me.  It has to do with reality.

You talking reality?  You can't do that?

Rick

• Downvote 1

On 12/23/2016 at 3:56 PM, dd992emo said:

Do they not have news outlets in North Texas, anymore? While I agree OU should have controlled the narrative all along, Boren allowed Mixon's legal team to file motions to suppress the video for their own (billing) purposes. The university would have been much better off if they would have made release of the video one of the conditions for Mixon's reinstatement.

Stoops has said all along that he thought the video would be released within a couple of weeks of the incident. He didn't get any help this week from his bosses,either. I expected nothing from Boren, but Castiglione disappointed me. At least Stoops had the balls to go out and present his case, knowing all along it was a no-win for him.

Yeah, two and half years later, he "had the balls"...after Mixon helped them to consecutive conference titles and was on his way out the door.

Boren, Stoops, Castiglione...none of them have balls.  But, they all have daughters; which makes their two and half year silence re: the victim all the more disgusting. 

• Upvote 1