Kiffin Signs Ex-FSU QB

Caw Caw

Lane Kiffin started his recruiting season with a big splash signing. This is that ethical question that arises in the cost of success. Johnson was dismissed from the Seminoles for allegedly punching a woman. I will say this is a splash signing in multiple ways and an immediate impact, highly rated C-USA signing. For all of those who think we can sit back on the recruiting field, here's another example of how the competition is heating up. Again, I do think the staff is working very hard, I'm just nervous about the results SO FAR. I will be ecstatic if my doubts are proven wrong.

Anyway, full story here. 

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/lane-kiffin-immediately-signs-former-fsu-qb-deandre-johnson

Edited by Caw Caw
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

I don't know about his coaching ability, must be good if he was a offensive co. at Alabama. But I have not seen much positive things about Lane Kiffen on comment threads in news articles on this guy. 

Second to North Texas, Alabama is my favorite team (I was coached by George Teague in High School). I'm glad Kiffin is gone from Bama. I expect him to do well enough at FAU to hop ship. I mean he left Tennessee for USC after one season. I'm not high on his play calling either. But I think I spelled out my concerns for kiffin in another thread for someone.

29 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

So you dont believe in second chances?

History would probably reflect that this guy was given way more than second chances already.  Just a guess.  But, if my team...not in the case of a guy hitting women. Nope...not my team...to quote Fry again "you recruit your own problems".  Too many players looking for chances without records for me to take this kind of chance.  But, it is Kiffin, so there is that.  Hope it works out for the kid and that he has learned his lesson.  What I think he may have learned is that his football skills get him multiple chances that others would not get.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

Already signing thugs?  Not a good sign.

Psh. OU has 2 all conference players on their offense that have beat women. Both still on the team. Matter of fact, one of them was at the Heisman ceremony. Coaches DON'T GIVE A BLEEP. They are in the business of winning. Not ethics. Not law. Winning. They are used car salesmen with a whistle around their neck at the collegiate level. 

With all that said, this is a big time get. We now, after 2 days of Kiffin being at FAU (and not even full time yet), will have our hands full with FAU. Great. 

Go team! 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 10

Just now, Ben Gooding said:

Psh. OU has 2 all conference players on their offense that have beat women. Both still on the team. Matter of fact, one of them was at the Heisman ceremony. Coaches DON'T GIVE A BLEEP. They are in the business of winning. Not ethics. Not law. Winning. They are used car salesmen with a whistle around their neck at the collegiate level. 

With all that said, this is a big time get. We now, after 2 days of Kiffin being at FAU (and not even full time yet), will have our hands full with FAU. 

I wouldn't have those two guys on my team either.  They could just play on your team.  No problem.  There is always a coach and a team that will take these guys.  On my team, character would matter as well as wins.  I do believe you can win with character and ethics.  But, that's just me.  You, Stoops and Kiffin can pick your own players.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

I wouldn't have those two guys on my team either.  They could just play on your team.  No problem.  There is always a coach and a team that will take these guys.  On my team, character would matter as well as wins.  I do believe you can win with character and ethics.  But, that's just me.  You, Stoops and Kiffin can pick your own players.

I didn't say it is wrong or right. It's without a doubt wrong. Beat a woman you should not just be playing a sport, you should be in jail. 

It just goes with the process of athletes being above the law. Most teams are doing it. On petty, unethical crimes, all teams are doing it. There's this gross phenomenon being swirled around that 2nd, 3rd and sometimes even 4th chances need to be given because just so. That is absolute BS. There are instances where there should be 0 tolerance. Most schools gaff that off. For whatever reason, many AD's are ran in a nature of unless a convicted murder sentence is handed down, ALL offenses deserve a "2nd chance." To me, that's BS. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

This guy was kicked out of FSU for breaking the law. Do you have any idea how difficult/rare that is? They find any excuse to keep a stud football player in school there.

Well Peter Warrick was caught shoplifting and then you have Mr Jameis Winston that may or may not of Raped a girl, then he for sure stole a bunch of crab legs so I guess its pretty hard.

I dont even know this kids story. I was just asking about Second Chances

1 hour ago, forevereagle said:

FIFY

Not just the police as the school and AD have a big hand in it as well.

50 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Well Peter Warrick was caught shoplifting and then you have Mr Jameis Winston that may or may not of Raped a girl, then he for sure stole a bunch of crab legs so I guess its pretty hard.

I dont even know this kids story. I was just asking about Second Chances

Long read and of course doesn't cover everything, but does show plenty of issues that still didn't keep players off the field.

http://nyti.ms/1EFiVEC

17 hours ago, UNTexas said:

We signed an Alabama QB. So, no news here...

he didn't have any baggage coming with him.....except a couple of heavy NC rings....

16 hours ago, ADLER said:

So, he's the number 2 juco quarterback.

I prefer the player they have ranked at number 10.

247SPORTS Juco Quarterback Rankings

You gotta love #13 wearing a Texas Tech t-shirt, but committed to UMASS

19 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

This guy was kicked out of FSU for breaking the law. Do you have any idea how difficult/rare that is? They find any excuse to keep a stud football player in school there.

Since this was on video FSU had no choice. If it had been she said he said he would still be on the team.