Tailgate with East Oak and Saint Arnold!

Ryan Munthe

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

Alumni Event?  There will be an official UNT tailgate...you get free admission if you purchase your HOD Bowl tickets through the UNT ticket office.  Am sure the Alumni Assoc. Is participating in the official tailgate.  If you recall the last HOD Bowl tailgate it was in the Automobile Bldg at Fair Park...inside and warm...good breakfast tacos from Rudy's I believe...UNT band, cheer squad, Scrappy, etc. Tons of attendees and lots of fun.

That was pretty cool as I remember...

22 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

We're not allowed to tailgate because of the UNT one? That makes sense. I don't do official sponsored tailgates for college, pro or anything.

I swear, you're just contrarian for the sake of being contrarian. Hopefully we have 30K folks at the game. I don't think UNT is sweating 100 folks stopping at ours for a bit before heading over to the official one, or vice-versa.

Start your at 7am, we can lube up there and go inside at 9am.....problem solved...  Oh, and breakfast tacos, you need breakfast tacos....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Start your at 7am, we can lube up there and go inside at 9am.....problem solved...  Oh, and breakfast tacos, you need breakfast tacos....

I'm already leaving Houston at 4am...ha. Breakfast tacos do sound appealing, and I do have UNT tickets...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Lube up there and go inside?

Sounds dirty, we need saxophone music in the background. Anybody on here the next Kenny G?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

55 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

We're not allowed to tailgate because of the UNT one? That makes sense. I don't do official sponsored tailgates for college, pro or anything.

I swear, you're just contrarian for the sake of being contrarian. Hopefully we have 30K folks at the game. I don't think UNT is sweating 100 folks stopping at ours for a bit before heading over to the official one, or vice-versa.

Contrarian?  No, just trying to ask a question.  Don't get your tail feathers in a fluster.  You knew there was an official tailgate before you started to set this up.  Just wondering why you want to split the fan base.  That's all...more power to you.

You didn't expect a question or two when you announced a competing event? Really?  All good, bro, remember...be civil. ??

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

3 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Contrarian?  No, just trying to ask a question.  Don't get your tail feathers in a fluster.  You knew there was an official tailgate before you started to set this up.  Just wondering why you want to split the fan base.  That's all...more power to you.

You didn't expect a question or two when you announced a competing event? Really?  All good, bro, remember...be civil. ??

And it's not like you have caught some flak for having an event that competed with another UNT event so fair play to give a little ribbing this time, IMO.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Ryan Munthe said:

A) It's not a competing event.

B) I'm not trying to split the fanbase.

You also clearly said that it's only for people who buy through UNT (the Mean Green tailgate).

This is a completely different and complimentary event to the UNT tailgate.

Everyone knows you're trying to troll, and I'm done arguing with you over this.

No...I said it was free for those purchasing tickets through the UNT ticket office.  I have no clue what will be the entry fee, if any, for those not purchasing through the UNT ticket office.  That has not been announced as yet.  I do know that the event will run from 8:30am to 10:30 am the morning of the game.

Other details are still being worked out through the Alumni Association and Athletic Dept.  Details soon I hope.

Now, it's trolling?  Really, Ryan? Sorry, man, it's all good.  You are probably earning some bonus "atta boy"points from your employer, so good for you.  Hope it is a big success because of all the Mean Green fans attending the game.  It's all good.  Just calm down and enjoy the Mean Green win.  Drive safely that morning.  Hope nothing delays your arrival. ?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Feels like each of these would draw two distinctly different crowds with different priorities in their mornings. Most of our official school events end up like this while this has potential to maybe end up like this. Plenty of room for both and nice to have something for everyone!

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

And it's not like you have caught some flak for having an event that competed with another UNT event so fair play to give a little ribbing this time, IMO.

Thanks for the memories, but I will not take it quite so far as one gentleman did for that one. And, yep...very similar to going to a bowl game...about the same attendance expectations! ??

Just now, Quoner said:

Feels like each of these would draw two distinctly different crowds with different priorities in their mornings. Most of our official school events end up like this while this has potential to maybe end up like this. Plenty of room for both and nice to have something for everyone!

Indeed room for both.  Just show up for the game I guess is the best.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Quoner said:

Indeed! I'm planning on stopping at both for some of those sweet sweet breakfast tacos.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Just a question...I get the event on the 26th at Dots (great idea), but why are you setting up an event to compete with UNT's official tailgate the morning of the game?  Should we not all tailgate together since this is a bowl game and not a regular season game where separate tailgates are the norm? Just asking.

c7NJRa2.gif?noredirect

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Schilleci Crew will be there. We will have 8 adults + 2 kids (10 and 12 yrs old). KIDS OK?

@Ryan Munthe @John Williams

3 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Just a question...I get the event on the 26th at Dots (great idea), but why are you setting up an event to compete with UNT's official tailgate the morning of the game?  Should we not all tailgate together since this is a bowl game and not a regular season game where separate tailgates are the norm? Just asking.

Ok... Wait... I missed this?  

Where is this one? 

3 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Alumni Event?  There will be an official UNT tailgate...you get free admission if you purchase your HOD Bowl tickets through the UNT ticket office.  Am sure the Alumni Assoc. Is participating in the official tailgate.  If you recall the last HOD Bowl tailgate it was in the Automobile Bldg at Fair Park...inside and warm...good breakfast tacos from Rudy's I believe...UNT band, cheer squad, Scrappy, etc. Tons of attendees and lots of fun.

Nevermind.  Got it.  ARE BOTH tailgates kid friendly?

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, SSP said:

Schilleci Crew will be there. We will have 8 adults + 2 kids (10 and 12 yrs old). KIDS OK?

@Ryan Munthe @John Williams

Ok... Wait... I missed this?  

Where is this one? 

Nevermind.  Got it.  ARE BOTH tailgates kid friendly?

Ours is just like two tents with beer. It's nothing fancy, just peeps hanging out and drinking. I don't know if there is food. We're mostly just hanging out, I mean there's no tables or chairs or entrance or anything...like I said super casual. Just with lots of beer. But yeah kids are welcome! I'll try to bring some Root Beer.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Indeed! I'm planning on stopping at both for some of those sweet sweet breakfast tacos.

Ryan...you must read more carefully.  I said the one at the last HOD Bowl official tailgate had breakfast tacos.  I have no clue what will be served this time as details are not out as yet.  I am keeping my fingers crossed for breakfast tacos again, but no clue as yet.  

But a St. Arnold's at 9:00am at your tent sounds intriguing for sure.  May have to grab one on the way to the game.

16 minutes ago, SSP said:

ARE BOTH tailgates kid friendly?

The Alumni/Athletic Dept event is definitely Kid friendly.  Expect possible appearances from Scrappy, the Cheer Squad and Mean Green Band if the last HOD tailgate is any indication.  Like I have previously posted...details still being worked out.  Will be announced soon.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Look folks...I am not trying to rain on Ryan's parade.  Go wherever you want to tailgate.  Your choice...either or both...all good.  I just asked the question as I did not want folks to be confused as to the event being thrown in with your ticket purchase set up by the Alumni Assoc/Athletic Dept and Ryan's St Arnold's event.  It's all good...just come to the game.  And, if you have not purchased your ticket/s as yet, please do so through the UNT ticket office as it helps UNT more than buying elsewhere.  Plus, it is not too late to call the ticket office to buy a few $20 student tickets for donation to UNT students.

5 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

This is what we did for the SMU game, and it will most likely look the same.mlpkyw.jpg

Nice job! ?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, UNT Five&Dime said:

Nobody is going to confuse that for an official UNT tailgate unless they're Dan McCarney and lost their sunglasses.

Yup! That's the point! It's a small tailgate, I was just inviting this board since we're die hards and I know a lot of y'all. Jeez. Stop, grab a beer, hang out for a few and head on over to your next destination!

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 2