Delaware State (12/8/16)

Matt from A700

18 minutes ago, 10Eagle10 said:

Looks the Athletic Department is trying to get students out to the game by giving attendees first shot at the $20 HoD tickets. It's worth a shot and I applaud the effort. 

I would be interested to know how many purchase tickets and of those who do, how many stay for at least part of the game...

I'll be purchasing my ticket(s) tonight, stand and yell for the entire game, and continue to wonder why I am not thrown a T-shirt.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, 10Eagle10 said:

Looks the Athletic Department is trying to get students out to the game by giving attendees first shot at the $20 HoD tickets. It's worth a shot and I applaud the effort. 

I would be interested to know how many purchase tickets and of those who do, how many stay for at least part of the game...

I have season tickets and attend as regularly as army of dad if not more regularly. Been going since maybe 94-96 range so I have seen good and bad and always been around. ?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

34 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Remember the days when we used to have 3-4 thousand on average for any game?? Ouch. 

I sure do. I was in a PhD program from 2005 to 2010 and then a post-doc year in 2011. It was joy to watch the program grow into a regular 20+ win team with regular NCAA  tourney appearances...and 4000+ in attendance at its peak with even more with a quality P5 opponent. My daughter and I probably missed 10 games total from 2005 to 2011.  We were pit crew all the way with the crazy green hair, t-shirts, etc.  I thought when I moved from Denton that our bball program was all set, and I was proud of the minor role we played in the team's success via our consistent attendance and support. So sad to see where it is now. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, chrisfisher said:

I sure do. I was in a PhD program from 2005 to 2010 and then a post-doc year in 2011. It was joy to watch the program grow into a regular 20+ win team with regular NCAA  tourney appearances...and 4000+ in attendance at its peak with even more with a quality P5 opponent. My daughter and I probably missed 10 games total from 2005 to 2011.  We were pit crew all the way with the crazy green hair, t-shirts, etc.  I thought when I moved from Denton that our bball program was all set, and I was proud of the minor role we played in the team's success via our consistent attendance and support. So sad to see where it is now. 

Any chance with a change of leadership you'll rejoin? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

With a home oc selected for easy wins, NT finally actually dominated one.   Bright spots for me were Combs  looking like the pre-injury player, another strong game for freshman Lawson and easily the best offensive game ever for Holston plus good effort and results by Tamara.  Concerning factors in this game include continued slump by Johnson and overall awful and unnecessary 3 point shooting.    

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

With a home oc selected for easy wins, NT finally actually dominated one.   Bright spots for me were Combs  looking like the pre-injury player, another strong game for freshman Lawson and easily the best offensive game ever for Holston plus good effort and results by Tamara.  Concerning factors in this game include continued slump by Johnson and overall awful and unnecessary 3 point shooting.    

Gonna have to disagree with you on the bolded part. Combs did not look like his old self. He had at least two attempts in the paint where he had(or possibly chose) to try a layup instead of finishing at the rim. IMO, he's still not 100%. 

• Upvote 1