Eli Young Band at Apogee

KRAM1

Maybe it's not close to football season, but FINALLY someone books SOMETHING to get some additional use out of Apogee.   And we're always trying to figure out ways to get more and more students to go to games.  I would STILL venture to guess that there's a HUGE number of kids that go 4-5 years at UNT, and never set foot in Apogee.  Perception is everything, and if they're "told" we don't have much of a football team, they basically wont bother to be curious.   But if they actually step foot inside the stadium, and have a positive experience, then it could transfer over to when football season rolls around....Ya never know....

• Upvote 2

Great video shot all over our campus! 10 million hits on YouTube? WOW!

Sho' nuff would be nice if the Eli Young Band (and fellow alums) would sing an a cappella version of the Star Spangled Banner to open the Heart of Dallas Bowl game.  Any of you guys know them?

Most of you probably know that these guys all met at our main UNT campus Clark Hall, formed their band in Clark Hall & not a Music Major among them.  Proud of these fellers we are!

I get a request at most every wedding I DJ to play an Eli Young Band song & don't think that I don't take that opportunity to tell the entire wedding party from whence these fellers got their degrees. 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

They filmed part of the music video "Life at Best" on the UNT Campus, including Apogee.

17 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Eli Young Band -

Oddly enough there's nothing on their tour site mentioning a stop in Denton, TX (where they got started). I saw the announcement on Twitter though. :)