SHOW UP!

Cerebus

2 hours ago, UNTEngr.#43 said:

I read that there will be incentives for buying bowl tickets is that true?

I want to go either way but just asking and making plans to show up. GMG!

Per meangreensports.com, the following are the incentives for purchasing through the university:

• Free FedEx shipping for tickets purchased by Dec. 18. Tickets will be shipped on Dec. 20 unless you select will call as your delivery method.
  • Extensive will-call ticket pickup. North Texas will set up will-call at the Ticket Office at Apogee Stadium, at Mean Green men's and women's basketball games, and in the lobby of the team hotel in the days leading up to the game, and at the Cotton Bowl on gameday.
  • Extra dollars to support UNT student-athletes. North Texas does not benefit from tickets purchased through other ticket outlets, including the venue or the bowl game.
  • Free admission to the pre-game tailgate.

http://www.meangreensports.com/meangreenbowlgame/

2 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

what are the prices of the tickets? I wanna say I saw 25 through the HOD site but then 50/75 on the UNT website?? 

Through the university, it's $75 for sideline and $50 for corner seats.  I remember paying $75 for sideline last time.  Ticket prices through Heart of Dallas are the same, but they also have some $25 end zone seating and $125 for mid-field chair back seats.  I think last time there was a Groupon that some people got into for cheaper tickets.  I think they also had a special ticket price that came out later for students that wanted to go.

2 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Go to Fuzzy's in Allen!

I know this isn't your plan since you'll be at the game no doubt, but if anyone does go to Fuzzy's to to watch the game, there wont be an organized watching party.  They might put the audio on the PA for you, but I'll be AT THE GAME!!

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Only a hunch, but I feel like losing this game could totally negate any hope I have for a decent February class.

really really critical game for recruiting, IMO.

See you're getting down votes for stating a valid opinion. 

We can't use the C word around here. Everything is butterflies, rainbows, and puppy dogs. I mean, uh, we DID win 5 games. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 18

2 hours ago, laxtonto said:

I can't attend this game. Not with me being in SD now with a 1 year old.

That being said is there anything set up so I can buy tickets and donate them to the alumni association or something?

You could buy the tickets and get them to me (I have already purchased my tickets) and I would definitely work through the University/Alumni Association to get them into the hands of someone who could use them.  When you order just have them Fed Ex'ed to me!  Anyway...if interested PM me...happy to help if you want to do something like this.

2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Are the tickets through the ticket office based on priority points again

Yes....and it very much helps the university to order through the ticket office.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, greenminer said:

Only a hunch, but I feel like losing this game could totally negate any hope I have for a decent February class.

I would think its more critical we don't suffer a blow out, which I don't think will happen. Army is a top 10 defense I believe, because their offense just holds the ball so long.. But I think just a normal, competitive game and we get the L yes it leaves a sour taste in the recruits minds.. but nothing major.. but a W could do the same... but another big W like we did up at West Point could be big in terms of doing it in front of recruits and alot of positive vibes going into next season

7 hours ago, UNTexas said:

Got a question, would Feds qualify? I could get a bunch of guys from several agencies to go. (They all have creds) I'll let my buddy who's a fireman know too. Anything helps on numbers...

when I talked to them.. Anything that has to do with First Responders, Military, etc could get tickets. Hope that helps, so I would assume yes

7 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

I hope the student tickets are listed soon! I'm so pumped that I'm able to attend a bowl game as a student, something I will always remember. Can't thank our savior Seth Littrell, his coaching staff, and this student athletes who bought in enough!

Makes me smile to read this and reminds that current students have a chance to enjoy some success before they leave.  It's possibly the most important aspect of this whole thing.  They leave with some pride to hang their hats on so when called upon for help in the future they may be more willing to give back when they hit it big out there.

Rick

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, greenminer said:

Not sure why. Would NOT going to a bowl game make them more interested? In the past few years, I know Baylor, Alabama and A&M all had great classes after losing bowl games. In 2013, Boise was badly beaten by Hawaii with an interim coach and still had a pretty good class. WKY lost in Detroit in 12 and got enough of a class that once they were experienced enough to start have made them a power in CUSA. 

I'll grant you that winning the bowl game likely makes it more likely we'll get a higher quality of recruit. But, the coaches standing in the kid's living room making a pitch to the family really is more important that any bowl game, win or lose. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, MeanGreenDan said:

Unfortunately my Ticketmaster "account" through the ticket office is locked, and the UNT number it gives me to call and get it unlocked is out of service, and has been for the last year. So I have to do all my business over the phone.

#ThanksRV

But the WREN replied quickly and got you help via twitter correct?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

See you're getting down votes for stating a valid opinion. 

We can't use the C word around here. Everything is butterflies, rainbows, and puppy dogs. I mean, uh, we DID win 5 games. 

what again were your expectations coming into this season?  I think we have had a rainbow and puppy dog season this year considering we were 20 players short of a full load.  We had players suited for one type of offense playing a totally different type of offense, a new OC and DC.  Breaking in a new QB....Are we where we ultimately want to be....NO.....but were are leaps and bounds ahead of last year and where most people thought we would be at this point.....ENJOY IT  Merry Christmas!!!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenDan said:

Always! Night and day compared to last bowl, and even last year!

I agree whole heartedly.  This administration understands the value of communications and service at least in my experiences with having issues resolved. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

what again were your expectations coming into this season?  I think we have had a rainbow and puppy dog season this year considering we were 20 players short of a full load.  We had players suited for one type of offense playing a totally different type of offense, a new OC and DC.  Breaking in a new QB....Are we where we ultimately want to be....NO.....but were are leaps and bounds ahead of last year and where most people thought we would be at this point.....ENJOY IT  Merry Christmas!!!

6 wins + bowl. Annually. That's my annual expectation. I, of course, don't want to flat line there. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

Folks, some people are not going to be able to attend.  No need to dog pile on them if they have a legit reason.  Such as:

• Having a job they can not get time off from.
  • Having to give/receive a kidney that day.
  • Piloting a spacecraft to save earth from a large space rock that day.
  • Etc.

At the same time, some people are going to be dissapointed in the bowl match.  Again no need to dog pile on them either.  I know several good fans who think this is a pretty meh bowl.  That's fine, they are still showing up.  

Just show up, you don't have to love this game, this isn't a marriage, it's a few hours of your life.  

ETA:  Just to add, in my mind this in no way absolves the AD from being the responsible party for our turnout.  They need to stage events and promotion to drive attendance.     If they do their job (getting people excited for this game) and you do yours (show up) then we will be golden.