SHOW UP!

Cerebus

Folks.  We are here because the HoD people wanted us.  They wanted us because of our huge turn out in the last bowl.  If we want them to lobby for us the next time there is more than one team wanting to go, we had better show up this time.

• I know it's a rematch, show up anyway.
  • I know it's not a fun trip, show up anyway.
  • I know it's not a beach getaway, SHOW UP ANYWAY.

Buy tickets, buy extra, go to to the game, drag along other people.  The coaches and team did what they could to build for the future, we need to do the same.  

Having a huge turnout for a 5-7 will not only impress HoD people.  The bowl world is small, other committees will learn about it.  

8 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

8jnnVgW.gif

I've got some good news for you... 

Well, I'm still not coming if I have to sit in Fouts. What a dump. 

1 minute ago, EagleMBA said:

Check your email!!

200.gif#24

Email only matters when it contains something I can complain about. 

I live my life based on billboard advertising and sidewalk chalk. 

30 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Folks.  We are here because the HoD people wanted us.  They wanted us because of our huge turn out in the last bowl.  If we want them to lobby for us the next time there is more than one team wanting to go, we had better show up this time.

• I know it's a rematch, show up anyway.
  • I know it's not a fun trip, show up anyway.
  • I know it's not a beach getaway, SHOW UP ANYWAY.

Buy tickets, buy extra, go to to the game, drag along other people.  The coaches and team did what they could to build for the future, we need to do the same.  

Having a huge turnout for a 5-7 will not only impress HoD people.  The bowl world is small, other committees will learn about it.  

GOOD POST!!!

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Of course we'll all be there...all 8k-10k of us.  

Its convincing the other 20k to come to fair park at 11 a.m on a Tuesday for a rematch of two teams with zero momentum....that's the challenge.

Rick

11:00 kick? Hmm, @KingDL1 if we are tailgating I'm thinking brisket breakfast burritos...

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, emmitt01 said:

I have four tickets (that I got for free) that are in the middle of the field.  Every first responder in DFW has the same opportunity.  If that doesn't lead to an attendance bump then something is wrong.

I have a buddy in Bedford PD, how are the free tickets for first responders set up? 

1 minute ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

I have a buddy in Bedford PD, how are the free tickets for first responders set up? 

Have him google "heart of dallas first responders".  The link should come up

*And lest anyone think "hey, I'll just pretend I'm a first responder for free tickets" I believe in years past they have checked credentials at the game

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Have him google "heart of dallas first responders".  The link should come up

*And lest anyone think "hey, I'll just pretend I'm a first responder for free tickets" I believe in years past they have checked credentials at the game

Is the first responder allowed to bring friends as long as the ticket purchaser has credentials? I see family but I figured with 4 tickets they could bring a friend too. Not necessarily me or anything...

ETA: I told him and he is interested in going personally even though he has no NT ties so this is a great idea. 

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes
  • Upvote 1

I just got off the phone with the UNT tickets office, and have ordered my tickets. They said they are experiencing a high number of calls today, and that is a good sign. I could hear people on phones in the background. I liked that. We need the Mean Green Nation to show up in force. We need to be the HOD's first choice every time we are bowl eligible. let's bring more fans this year them we did in 2014.

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

I just got off the phone with the UNT tickets office, and have ordered my tickets. They said they are experiencing a high number of calls today, and that is a good sign. I could hear people on phones in the background. I liked that. We need the Mean Green Nation to show up in force. We need to be the HOD's first choice every time we are bowl eligible. let's bring more fans this year them we did in 2014.

I left a voicemail over an hour ago and still waiting for my call back. Good sign!

• Upvote 2