MGB: Bowl update

Brett Vito

I'm glad we have a beatable opponent, but I was really hoping for the Armed Forces Bowl.  It's a way better stadium and atmosphere than Fair Park.  You don't have to worry about people stealing your tailgate stuff when you leave to go into the game.  Also, by this time next year we will have played Army 3 times in the past 13 months...

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 5

2 minutes ago, meangreen15 said:

I'm glad we have a beatable opponent, but I was really hoping for the Armed Forces Bowl.  It's a way better stadium and atmosphere than Fair Park.  You don't have to worry about people stealing your tailgate stuff when you leave to go into the game.  Also, by this time next year we will have played Army 3 times in the past 13 months...

How to quickly develop a rivalry with a team that is far away and has next to nothing in common with one self. Play often and when it means something. Then again, army will want to get out of the series quick, being 0-3 in it and all ;)

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Sweet!  This is the exact game I wanted.  

A bowl game in the historic Cotton Bowl stadium

A game in Dallas

A beatable opponent

Direct DART rail access for fans...and Denton people (students) can get there by simply connecting to the Denton train

A service academy on the other side of the stadium

A bowl that specifically supports police and fire

Pretty excited

A good deal for North Texas all around.  A beatable team (for TV purposes) and we'll have most all our hurt players who beat Army the first time around back. 

Will Army have their starting QB back?   HOD officials know we can bring more fans than any one school they've had in their 7 year history so I'm sure they are pleased. 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, meangreen15 said:

Also, by this time next year we will have played Army 3 times in the past 13 months...

I'll be the debbie downer and say it: I'm not excited. I'll watch it on tv if I can but I'm not figuring out how to get to a game against a team we'll be playing every year through 2021. Not with 4 kids including a 6 month old. Proud of our guys for making it to a bowl game but could care less about the opponent. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 27

22 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I'll be the debbie downer and say it: I'm not excited. I'll watch it on tv if I can but I'm not figuring out how to get to a game against a team we'll be playing every year through 2021. Not with 4 kids including a 6 month old. Proud of our guys for making it to a bowl game but could care less about the opponent. 

yY6Iwazh7CXKg.gif

• Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, GreenMachine said:

It's that attitude of the typical North Texas fan why we average under 20k per home game. I would be going even if we were playing Denton High.

And for several years I was one of those "under 20k" barring a big event such as my brother's wedding but I'm not going to take a day off work and spend several hundred dollars to go to a game and watch us play against a team we'll play in less than a year. I'd watch us play against Denton high too if we did not play them every year for 6 seasons straight.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 22

37 minutes ago, meangreen15 said:

Did you go to the last HOD game and participate in any of the pre game events?  Everyone I know who did had a blast.