Projection indicating Arizona Bowl vs. Idaho

Harry

5 hours ago, greeneagle1 said:

I thought it was Navy that had that tie in?

My understanding is that if they win the ACC championship, they may leap over Western Michigan for qualification to a higher-tier bowl. If that happens and Navy takes that other bowl spot, there will be an opening in the Armed Forces Bowl.

I have *not* done the math on that because I don't know how it works. I read that explanation on a Houston board. (Just in the interest of full disclosure )

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Regarding the possibility of playing Idaho out in Arizona, I am for that 100%.   But.........................with our luck, we could be "the last FBS team that Idaho beat before their dropping down to FCS level".  What a great sports trivia question!  Just saying.... 

fit in with what team had the biggest ass kicking by a FCS at home on homecoming.

• Upvote 1

Folks...I would not, as yet, be buying tickets for either Arizona or Vegas.  A high placed staffer in the athletics dept. has been mentioning the Quick Lane Bowl on Dec. 26th in Detroit. Ouch! 

Man I hope that is a really bad rumor.  If it ends up being this one, I am definitely out.  Would have to leave Christmas Day or even Christmas Eve which would have me spending Christmas Day in Detroit!  Way too many family obligations and plans already in place to even try to make this one! 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, KRAM1 said:

Folks...I would not, as yet, be buying tickets for either Arizona or Vegas.  A high placed staffer in the athletics dept. has been mentioning the Quick Lane Bowl on Dec. 26th in Detroit. Ouch! 

Man I hope that is a really bad rumor.  If it ends up being this one, I am definitely out.  Would have to leave Christmas Day or even Christmas Eve which would have me spending Christmas Day in Detroit!  Way too many family obligations and plans already in place to even try to make this one! 

Hm I hadn't heard that one yet. Did they mention the possible opponent? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Hm I hadn't heard that one yet. Did they mention the possible opponent? 

Have not heard that as yet.  Was in too much shock and angst over the possibility of Detroit in the first place!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, RushnStudies said:

My understanding is that if they win the ACC championship, they may leap over Western Michigan for qualification to a higher-tier bowl. If that happens and Navy takes that other bowl spot, there will be an opening in the Armed Forces Bowl.

I have *not* done the math on that because I don't know how it works. I read that explanation on a Houston board. (Just in the interest of full disclosure )

I mentioned that earlier but we are "currently" eyeing another open spot by whoever has the tie-in. If Navy makes a New Years 6 bowl, then there would be 2 open spots for the armed forces bowl which could help us get a more level opponent. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Have not heard that as yet.  Was in too much shock and angst over the possibility of Detroit in the first place!

Yeah. Way too cold in December too. Well it's ACC vs Big 10 so I'm guessing filling in for one of those two. Maybe either Indiana or Boston College as the opponent. Hadn't seen that one projected but someone else mentioned it too.

ETA: it would be ACC. So Boston College or NC State. Can't imagine us getting "rewarded" with a P5 opponent when we couldn't get one in 2013, but you never know.

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes
  • Upvote 1

I think we get lost in all the bowl projections. These players that are here from last year went from having the nation and their fans laughing at them after Portland state. To now this year they finally get to go bowling something we have just done once in the last 10 years. Even if it is with 5 wins. They earned it in the class room. I believe these kids would be happy with any bowl they receive. Whether is be Detroit or Arizona or hell the Idaho potato bowl. They are going to be excited either way. And the experience that that get from this can help catapult this program and hopefully continue and start a yearly bowling tradition.   

• Upvote 7

12 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Michigan just keeps dollin' out the punches 

• Upvote 1