Big Picture.

TheReal_jayD

6 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I understand yesterday was a big kick in the nuts. But it was UTEP senior day and post Thanksgiving game and those games are just wierd. Yes the D played rough yesterday. But if not for the D we wouldn't have as many W as we do. 

But just 12 months removed from being the worst team in FBS and the laughing stock. We were able to win 5 games with most of the same roster with a first year coach. Getting 5 or more wins has only happened 3 times for us in the last 12 years. So I find it idiotic that we would say turn down the bowl. With so many academic suspension and violations this day and age. I find it as a sense of pride that our team has excelled enough in the class that they will qualify for a bowl. I believe that will help as much in recruiting as getting 6 wins. especially with parents. Let's say we go and win the Bowl game. Recruits will just see Las Vegas Bowl Champs or Independence Bowl champs.. not they limped in with 5 wins. And I don't know about yall but I want to get the UTEP taste out of my mind ASAP I don't want to go another 10 months with that as our last game. AND just a side note you saw how tough to we were with Army after having 2 weeks to prepare. Give us a month to prepare for bowl game and I say we win the Son of a bitch!! 

With all that is wrong with College Ath being able to trumpet academic standards is a big plus. No doubt these kids have worked hard and the Srs have had it pretty tough! GMG 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I understand yesterday was a big kick in the nuts. But it was UTEP senior day and post Thanksgiving game and those games are just wierd. Yes the D played rough yesterday. But if not for the D we wouldn't have as many W as we do. 

But just 12 months removed from being the worst team in FBS and the laughing stock. We were able to win 5 games with most of the same roster with a first year coach. Getting 5 or more wins has only happened 3 times for us in the last 12 years. So I find it idiotic that we would say turn down the bowl. With so many academic suspension and violations this day and age. I find it as a sense of pride that our team has excelled enough in the class that they will qualify for a bowl. I believe that will help as much in recruiting as getting 6 wins. especially with parents. Let's say we go and win the Bowl game. Recruits will just see Las Vegas Bowl Champs or Independence Bowl champs.. not they limped in with 5 wins. And I don't know about yall but I want to get the UTEP taste out of my mind ASAP I don't want to go another 10 months with that as our last game. AND just a side note you saw how tough to we were with Army after having 2 weeks to prepare. Give us a month to prepare for bowl game and I say we win the Son of a bitch!! 

Great thoughts jayD!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TheReal_jayD said:

THIS is the attitude that, if it becomes the "norm" for North Texas, will bring about the complete turnaround for our program.......and our culture. 

Great thoughts JayD!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TheReal_jayD said:

What he said!  Damn solid post JD!