2 interesting things from the radio broadcast

Cr1028

Two things that caught my attention on the radio broadcast...

1. Dave said "Fine is available to play if needed".

2. Dave said "After Terian Goree's dismissal"

I may not have been following closely enough during the holidays but I though Fine was still out and Goree was just suspended for the rest of this season. Can anyone provide me some clarification? Thanks.

• Upvote 1

I too am curious about the Goree situation. We apparently have plenty of good young receivers, but I thought he could be something special. If he is gone for good that stinks. If Goree was gone this quick I wonder what Seth would have done with Carlos Harris...

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

If you're gonna kick players off the team then there needs to be a damn explanation. And "team rules" does not suffice....Brett....Vito.....

There are legal as well as ethical reasons, why coaching staffs seldom release this type information.  Note, most of the other incidents involving players were released by someone other then the school first.   

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

If you're gonna kick players off the team then there needs to be a damn explanation. And "team rules" does not suffice....Brett....Vito.....

Yeah, airing dirty laundry that'll get your players to buy into what a head coach is preaching about family and fighting for each other.  Having his back and he'll have yours.  

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Goree hasn't posted anything about him leaving UNT on twitter about him leaving UNT... but he has recently start to follow schools like SFA and SH and UH

If I had to bet he'll go to an FCS and play immediately. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Green Lantern said:

The two suspended are supposedly off the team for good.

Players have been kicked off before and eventually earned their way back onto the team.  What we don't know is how bad the infraction was and if they could have an opportunity to earn their way back. This hurts us from a talent and depth standpoint.  

21 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Yeah, airing dirty laundry that'll get your players to buy into what a head coach is preaching about family and fighting for each other.  Having his back and he'll have yours.  

If I had to bet he'll go to an FCS and play immediately. 

There are devoted and donating alum that would like to know. Oh and according to these reports, It's apparently no longer UNT's dirty laundry. They will never be UNT alum. Soooo.... 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 21

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

There are devoted and donating alum that would like to know. Oh and according to these reports, It's apparently no longer UNT's dirty laundry. They will never be UNT alum. Soooo.... 

And it is none of those devoted or donating alum's business as to why these two young men were removed.  They violated a team rule that was serious enough to be removed from the program.  Seems pretty simple, they f'd up big time and coach didn't take kindly to it.  Good enough for me. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

37 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

If what they did was illegal, it will come out in the wash.

If what they did was unethical or simply violated Littrell's team rules in an egregious manner but not a crime, then that's between them and them alone. No amount of devotion or donation will ever entitle you to such.

And last I checked, they have been completeting coursework at UNT and are thus alums. Soooo...

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

If what they did was unethical or simply violated Littrell's team rules in an egregious manner but not a crime, then that's between them and them alone. No amount of devotion or donation will ever entitle you to such.

And last I checked, they have been completeting coursework at UNT and are thus alums. Soooo...

Graduated alum is the only alum I count. F the "definition." 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 17

43 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

This basically amounts to an HR situation if this were a company. Investors aren't privy to disciplinary actions with employees unless we're talking major laws being broken (think corruption charges, embezzlement of company funds, or something major along those lines).

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

See "Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act" Yes, they are ball players and yes we all have a vested interest in seeing our teams succeed, but these are students. They are student's first. Not employees. http://www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index.html

• Upvote 4