Bright side.

TheReal_jayD

15 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

We had two big games in San Antonio and El Paso and this team showed up for neither. Very disappointed in the performance. Maybe the Miners tried to play spoiler, but how do you give up 52 points (most all year) to a 3-8 team?? Just pitiful.

also had big games against army and southern miss and the boys showed up...so sometimes ya win...sometimes ya lose

• Upvote 7

24 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

We had two big games in San Antonio and El Paso and this team showed up for neither. Very disappointed in the performance. Maybe the Miners tried to play spoiler, but how do you give up 52 points (most all year) to a 3-8 team?? Just pitiful.

Simply think it's a matter of the team "looking past" both UTSA and UTEP, not being prepared, and assuming we'd roll right over them.  How long is this program going to bad mouth UTSA, and we've only beaten them 1 outta 5 times?  PLEASE takes these (and ALL games) seriously!  

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, THOR said:

also had big games against army and southern miss and the boys showed up...so sometimes ya win...sometimes ya lose

The good teams win much more than they lose. The greats rarely lose the one's they're supposed to. We do neither. We at North Texas lay eggs and the fans shit and vomit excuses. We played a 3-8 UT @ Mexico team, not Bama. Looking at the final score, you wouldn't know it. We suck. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 12

Before the season I thought we would win between 2 and 4 games. The fact that we played for a bowl on last game of season shows me how well our players were motivated and coached this season.Today we got beat by a team whose O line all weighed over 300 lbs. In addition, they had the best running back in the conference. I assume that the reason you play a 3/4 defense is that you are trying to compensate for a lack of size upfront with speed.It just caught up with us today. This is the same team that beat UTSA on the road regardless of their recent losses. All in all, the season has been a pleasant surprise.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

The good teams win much more than they lose. The greats rarely lose the one's they're supposed to. We do neither. We at North Texas lay eggs and the fans shit and vomit excuses. We played a 3-8 UT @ Mexico team, not Bama. Looking at the final score, you wouldn't know it. We suck. 

How many games did you peg the team for preseason? 

Just now, GMG24 said:

What games and why

SMU - They are a 1-man team (before he was hurt) that I thought we could beat. 

Bethune - Bethune 

Rice - Lost a lot of players on D and had to break in a QB. 

Army - Not just a 1-dimensional team, but a bad 1-dimensional team (though they improved record wise this year). Also, most teams hem up trip op teams coming off a bye week. 

NUTSACK - They are not good and like today we like to lose to bad teams. 

UTEP - Read NUTSACK 

*I actually had USM as a possible win. They lost a lot on D from last year. 

*No idea our offense would be so incompetent with this new staff. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

SMU - They are a 1-man team (before he was hurt) that I thought we could beat. 

Bethune - Bethune 

Rice - Lost a lot of players on D and had to break in a QB. 

Army - Not just a 1-dimensional team, but a bad 1-dimensional team (though they improved record wise this year). Also, most teams hem up trip op teams coming off a bye week. 

NUTSACK - They are not good and like today we like to lose to bad teams. 

UTEP - Read NUTSACK 

*I actually had USM as a possible win. They lost a lot on D from last year. 

*No idea our offense would be so incompetent with this new staff. 

So you did not follow the recruiting from previous staff?  Do yourself a favor and go check our roster and check each guys offer list.  That'll tell you all you need to know.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

So you did not follow the recruiting from previous staff?  Do yourself a favor and go check our roster and check each guys offer list.  That'll tell you all you need to know.

We are CUSA, so is every team in our conference. Most teams in this conference recruiting sucks. Some less or more than others, but still all full of suck. I'm sure UTEP's classes have been just stellar. Just keep piling the excuses for today, I'll keep pointing them out  

2 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Oh wait, didn't you promise to quit and never post again if the team didn't win six?  I think that's why you have your "Incredibly Manly and Willing to Accept the Consequences Eagle" title.

We're gonna miss you Ben. 

Whoa, whoa..We might have a bowl game. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5