Turn down the invite

emmitt01

On 11/26/2016 at 3:47 PM, emmitt01 said:

If this team loses to UTEP they should turn down any bowl invite.  This is not a post-season caliber defense (or offense for that matter).

Question for you, Emmitt. If we do go bowling, will you boycott the game?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, greenminer said:

If word gets out that we turn down a standing bowl invite, is it something other teams could/would use against us on the recruiting trail?

THAT, Sir, is a very interesting question! I could envision some scenarios where that might play well for a rival recruiter. Kinda leaves us at "Damned if you do...damned if you don't!" where the bowl invitation is concerned, IMO.

The lost today was horrible and it is the only reason I would consider turning down a bowl game.  I don't know if any of the players quit but it sure did look like some of them did.  If Seth makes that observation and that most of the players he suspect of quitting are under classmen then the bowl invite needs to be declined.  A close loss up to 11 points is acceptable.  But losing like the way we did to a bad team is just really painful when there was so much on the line.  Practice time be dammed if it undermines teaching mental toughness to the players returning next year.  And I believe going to a bowl game when you believe many of them quit during the season finale does just that.  I hope we don't get invited just to save the AD and head coach the dilemma.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4