Seth Littrell may be candidate for open Houston job

Harry

Houston Coaching Candidate Wish List: 5 Replacements For Tom Herman

Seth Littrell, North Texas Head Coach

The Mean Green won just one game in 2015. Enter Littrell, who has North Texas at 5-6 entering its regular-season finale and on the cusp of a possible bowl bid in his first season. The former Oklahoma team captain, who won the 2000 national championship in Norman, coached under Mike Leach at Texas Tech from 2005 to 2008 and was at Arizona from 2009 to 2011. He really started to turn heads after he moved on to work under Larry Fedora at North Carolina in 2014 and was part of the Tar Heels’ 11-3 team in his final season before he moved onto UNT. He has only been there a year, but he has already started to re-establish himself in the Lone Star State. He is bound for a bigger job sooner than later.

read more:  https://campusinsiders.com/news/houston-coaching-candidate-wish-listreplacements-for-tom-herman-11-26-2016/

If this list is serious, I think SL would be 5th pick. Houston's got a good coaching staff as is... Just promote someone at Houston and stick with the system that's been played. SL will be our coach next season. I do think we are going to lose him to a P5..  Going 6-6 after a disastrous last season, definitely turns head.  

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

How is this a possibility. We are LAST in offense in CUSA. Dead Last. 

People who know college football -, really know college football (and that's not me and probably not you) -  base evaluations on more that just records and statistics.  I suspect there are folks in Texas college football who understand and appreciate the job Seth Littrell has done this year.  Their biggest problem in making this decision might be in explaining it to the geniuses on their fan boards.

Edited by GTWT
poor grasp of grammar
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Just now, southsideguy said:

where is the cougar king???? I sure he could enlighten us on this subject.

cougar board has Dana out of West Virginia to there head coach.

Why would he move from Big 12 to AAC?  I guess they could pay him a bunch of money but it doesn't make sense to me.

24 minutes ago, Harry said:

Houston Coaching Candidate Wish List: 5 Replacements For Tom Herman

Seth Littrell, North Texas Head Coach

The Mean Green won just one game in 2015. Enter Littrell, who has North Texas at 5-6 entering its regular-season finale and on the cusp of a possible bowl bid in his first season. The former Oklahoma team captain, who won the 2000 national championship in Norman, coached under Mike Leach at Texas Tech from 2005 to 2008 and was at Arizona from 2009 to 2011. He really started to turn heads after he moved on to work under Larry Fedora at North Carolina in 2014 and was part of the Tar Heels’ 11-3 team in his final season before he moved onto UNT. He has only been there a year, but he has already started to re-establish himself in the Lone Star State. He is bound for a bigger job sooner than later.

read more:  https://campusinsiders.com/news/houston-coaching-candidate-wish-listreplacements-for-tom-herman-11-26-2016/

Seth successful next year and Texas Tech stumbles next year, this is when I would worry. Mahones will go pro! They may really suck next year!

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

They will promote apple white.

They named the DC the interim.  

15 minutes ago, shaft said:

Since the Big 12 did not expand expect to see Houston cut back on expenses. 

This.  President has said as much.  Faculty is up in arms.  They will save money.  It will be Applewhite or Orlando.