Olawale

GMG_Dallas

4 minutes ago, GreenMachine said:

Didn't Dodge waste his talent as well?

Yeah.  I believe he was only here for one season with Mac.  Dodge didn't need a full back. I'm not sure who Mac ran out there at fullback but maybe he went with a younger player.  He's an example of recruiting a good talent but never finding the right spot for him to really contribute. 

3 minutes ago, GreenMachine said:

Didn't Dodge waste his talent as well?

Maybe.  He only had 79 yards receiving that year.  But Dodge was only his coach for seven games.  Olawale did play every game that he and Dodge were there together; he only played 8 games that first season when Mac game in.  And he only had 9 yards receiving that entire year.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

75 yard TD catch for Olawale with the Raiders. Wish he would have gotten more PT with us. Hopefully this staff can make him feel part of our program by reaching out to him and bringing him back to Denton.

I remember him tweeting a picture of gear that The Wren had sent him a while back. Said something about loving his new Mean Green gear. So that's nice.

• Upvote 1

Only play I can remember of Olawale's time here was in the K-State game at the Fouts Field Finale. He caught a pass from Riley Dodge for a first down over on the visitors sideline. After catching the ball & stepping out of bounds, he flipped the ball to Bill Snyder.