Away games at apogee

mgfan

37 minutes ago, mgfan said:

Why don't we broadcast the away games at apogee? I remember we did it once when the stadium 1st opened. I think we played  FIU ?  Just a thought. I think it would be fun for an important games, like the next game against utep to become bowl eligible. 

Only thing I could think of is A) Turn out wont be great since its will be right after thanksgiving, B) Fans more then likely wouldn't wanna be out in the cold...

Would be great if they did something tho like in the super pit, or the Union in the big ballrooms that they have up on the 2nd floor

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, mgfan said:

Why don't we broadcast the away games at apogee? I remember we did it once when the stadium 1st opened. I think we played  FIU ?  Just a thought. I think it would be fun for an important games, like the next game against utep to become bowl eligible. 

UF did just this this past Saturday when their team played in Baton Rouge. They had the watch party in The Swamp on the field. Had tables and chairs setup and let their fans enter the stadium free of charge. I think this is definitely something that should be done for big games and this Saturday @ UTEP is a big game. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

UF did just this this past Saturday when their team played in Baton Rouge. 

People we just had 10,000 show up for a real football game.   You want to pay CSC to staff an event where a lot fewer people will show up?   

Even Florida barely got enough folks to show up to cover about 2/3 of the field,  and they were fairly spread out picnic style.  We would have enough enough to cover the end zone, maybe out to the 10.  

Now maybe we can broadcast it someplace in the union. 

3 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

People we just had 10,000 show up for a real football game.   You want to pay CSC to staff an event where a lot fewer people will show up?   

Even Florida barely got enough folks to show up to cover about 2/3 of the field,  and they were fairly spread out picnic style.  We would have enough enough to cover the end zone, maybe out to the 10.  

Now maybe we can broadcast it someplace in the union. 

Hey debbie downer with that attitude nothing will get done. Maybe we do it for a warmer game, but  I did enjoyed it years ago when we did it.  It would be interesting to offer to season ticket holders and have something on the club level. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mgfan said:

Hey debbie downer with that attitude nothing will get done. Maybe we do it for a warmer game, but  I did enjoyed it years ago when we did it.  It would be interesting to offer to season ticket holders and have something on the club level. 

It will cost money to staff it.   That's the main problem.   We can do it much cheaper someplace else, like the union or the super pit.   

UF can blow money on staffing an event like that, we can't.  

8 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

It will cost money to staff it.   That's the main problem.   We can do it much cheaper someplace else, like the union or the super pit.   

UF can blow money on staffing an event like that, we can't.  

This.   Even if they did it in the Union or the Super Pit, you'd have to pay for cleaning services etc., but I don't think you could charge for the event to make up for expenses due to licensing rules for the broadcast.  

I'd still like to see this done at the Alumni Pavilion for Association members. 

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1