BEIN SPORTS

El Paso Eagle

Just now, NorthTexan95 said:

I thought the announcers were mediocre at best.  The 15 minute interview with CUSA commish was a beating.  She is such a dull personality. 

I guess I was most impressed by the studio crew. They have taken the time to make sure they know what is going on.

• Upvote 6

53 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

OMG yes. She is horrible. Terrible representation of CUSA. She needs to go, seriously.

Overall, a decent production. 

you do realize she has other responsibilities beyond being thrust into a television broadcast, right?

bein has been doing top-notch soccer coverage for a few years now...i enjoyed their football work tonight

1 minute ago, GMG_Dallas said:

BeIN Sports is pretty big world wide. Not surprised by the quality of productions. They're like ESPN in foreign countries minus all the shouting people (more so as a network dedicated to sports). Pleasantly surprised to see McNabb during the half time show.

considering they also said they stayed in Lewisville last night...doubt it. more seems like they just did some actual research. google "soccer broadcaster's notebook"....bein probably holds their talent to a far higher standard than espn's 8th string team

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Just now, Censored by Laurie said:

you do realize she has other responsibilities beyond being thrust into a television broadcast, right?

bein has been doing top-notch soccer coverage for a few years now...i enjoyed their football work tonight

Sure I realize that. But you would think that the person appointed to oversee a D1 conference would be at least somewhat personable. How can someone like that negotiate on the behalf of a conference for the betterment of the conference. The vibe I got from her, which may be a stretch, is that she just stumbled into this job. It's safe to say I don't think the conference is in good hands with her at the helm. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

Sure I realize that. But you would think that the person appointed to oversee a D1 conference would be at least somewhat personable. How can someone like that negotiate on the behalf of a conference for the betterment of the conference. The vibe I got from her, which may be a stretch, is that she just stumbled into this job. It's safe to say I don't think the conference is in good hands with her at the helm. 

why? 

if it was her vision that led to the bein contract...and I've no clue if it was...seems to me you keep a person with intelligent and creative ideas more than a shiny personality. 

how does she negotiate? maybe bein said 5 games and she said 10. then they countered with 7 and she said 10. they come back with 8, final offer, and she wrote 10 on a slip of paper while dialing espn.

her face time was tortuous, but to make assumptions of her job performance based on it is stupid

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

I love that they have a real pregame, halftime, and post game show about our game, with real respected football personalities (Donovan McNabb). Top notch studio production.

C-USA should scrap the deals they cobbled together ESPN and ASN, and work to develop our own network hosted by beIN Sports.

Watching them this year I get the feeling that we (CUSA) are their test stage to try and move on to bigger conferences. Hope I am wrong.

2 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

I love that they have a real pregame, halftime, and post game show about our game, with real respected football personalities (Donovan McNabb). Top notch studio production.

C-USA should scrap the deals they cobbled together ESPN and ASN, and work to develop our own network hosted by beIN Sports.

Wish we had a serious post game radio show.  By the time we got back to the car - 8:19 p.m. - KNTU was already playing jazz again.  

Is is this something can be changed by the new athletic department people?  Would love to have interviews with multiple players and coaches like many other schools' post game broadcasts do.  We get one player, the head coach, a small wrap up, then back to jazz.

• Upvote 2