NEW HELMETS!!!!

TheReal_jayD

I did like the uniform combination, but it did remind me of WKU.  I wouldn't mind seeing our home uniform rotation being what we had today, and the black helmet posted above, with a green top and black pants. Just use those two combinations for home games.

Edit:  Not getting the hate for basically agreeing with everyone in here, but ok.

Edited by Rudy
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

1.  These are uniforms not kits. Kits are for that game where if you get touched, and sometimes not, you flop like you have been hit by a sniper.

2. This jersey/pant combo is ugly. 

3.  This helmet would look great with a white on white uniform. Put silver numbers outlined in green. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

17 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Uniforms were ugly. Chrome on green on black doesn't gel well. 

Please go back to kelly green tops on top of plain white pants (green sow on hip) with green helmet (with today's SOW pattern). These we wore today screamed, "we're trying to ball on a restricted budget." Just take our uniforms back to basic and quit effin with them. 

giphy.gif

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Got5onIt said:

I think the whiners want to go back to long sleeve jerseys and leather helmets. How about we change announcers to 1920 sports guy, too?  Get out from under teh rock and into today's time. Kids love these new styles. I loved the look........  

I believe we wore our long sleeve jerseys against USM.

2 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

I believe we wore our long sleeve jerseys against USM.

No, the players wore long sleeved pro combat gear underneath their jerseys. 

This is what the whiners want our guys to look like:

three_stooges_football_three_little_pigs

The whiners are also the reason why we heard nothing but 70/80's classic rock before and during every single game for years. At least now we hear up to date and new stuff  kids and students want to hear.

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

9 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

17 to 18 years old strongly disagree with you. And I believe that is who the coaching staff is worried about impressing..

I'm sure it is. I was a fan of the black during 2013. It was a nice change of pace. It should never be a fixture in our uniform design. I liked the chrome helmets Saturday as well. It was a nice touch for the seniors. Imo, it just didn't go well together. I'm at the point of seeing how the athletic department can't get unis right and the alternate uniforms are an every Saturday experience. The problem is that our current base unis are kind of garbage. It's difficult to alternate garbage with more garbage to change the outcome. It's still going to be garbage. Since this is ongoing for us, I'm growing to be a fan of the 2013 base uniform without the leg stripe or that helmet. Those uniforms, no leg stripe, and green helmet with white SOW (or green helmet with SOW design that we saw on the chrome helmets). Sometimes less is more and I'm painfully starting to see that with our uniforms. Not to say ee can't alternate unis from time to time, but we need to get back to our basic uniform before we head into this 2-4 year run of success. I would personally like to see our brand look good as we gain more recognition. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8