2 FREE TICKET TO S. MISS??? Not Free

MeanGreen_MBA

Has anybody else tried to print off the 2 "FREE" tickets for the S. Miss game?  It is great they are making this offer.....  However, you still have to pay the processing fee to print the tickets???? 2 FREE tickets cost me $3.90 to print....  However, this UNT system is not allowing my payment to process???  Or it is taking forever...

I was going to transfer the tickets to a friend of mine telling him they are FREE tickets, come on out.....glad I decided to print them myself...if I can ever do this.  I support this program 100%, but this is?????

WB, please fix this!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

You should get an email from the Alumni Association.  2 FREE tickets and can purchase additional for $5.00  Finally got it to print, but my 2 FREE tickets cost $3.90 to print?????  I don't get that at all!!!!

Ah. Not a member of the alumni association.  I thought this would be something from the AD. 

42 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

You should get an email from the Alumni Association.  2 FREE tickets and can purchase additional for $5.00  Finally got it to print, but my 2 FREE tickets cost $3.90 to print?????  I don't get that at all!!!!

Think this offer is only for alumni association members who aren't season ticket holders.

Edited by GMG24

7 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Think this offer is only for alumni association members who aren't season ticket holders.

I am a season ticket hold, and alumni member and got the offer this morning...

5 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

I created an account but not really sure where to go to even pay the fee to print the tickets??? 

call them up to see if they will send you the link.  pretty simple to do, other than paying $3.90 to print the tickets????

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

Not true. I called the ticket office and told them I was an Alum and she sent me an email to print the tickets and no additional charge. Must be a Ticketmaster thing.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

I can hardly believe there are complaints about this - or, maybe I can believe it.  The new AD...wow, he has NO idea what he is up against.  None.

You pay nothing for the tickets, and a mere $3.90 to the handling fee.  Name a ticket that doesn't require a handling fee.  This is something the vendor uses to cover their overhead.  And...

...$3.90 is really cheap for a handling fee. 

So, essentially, you can get two tickets for $7.80...and more for $5.00 each when the lowest general admission ticket price for a North Texas game is $12?

Unbelievable.

What will this fan base not complain about?

During the week, you'll likely rack up $7.80+ in things like snacks and fast food...coffee?  But, for two football tickets that would normal cost, at minimum, $24?

Come on, fellas, there has to be something more reasonable to complain about.  They are trying to get butts in the seats as the team is playing their hardest to get into a bowl game...and, we want to fight them about it?

Do we even deserve a football program if it comes down to complaining about a $3.90 handling fee for a free ticket?  $3.90 is too much, really?  You can't get a ham and cheese sandwich at RaceTrac for $3.90!

I agree that $3.90 is cheap to get into just about anything anymore.  But when you get a link that says you get 2 FREE tkts, just click here, put in promo code and print tkts.  When you hit print tkts, there comes up a $3.90 charge.  That is what got me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

19 minutes ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

I can hardly believe there are complaints about this - or, maybe I can believe it.  The new AD...wow, he has NO idea what he is up against.  None.

You pay nothing for the tickets, and a mere $3.90 to the handling fee.  Name a ticket that doesn't require a handling fee.  This is something the vendor uses to cover their overhead.  And...

So, essentially, you can get two tickets for $7.80...and more for $5.00 each when the lowest general admission ticket price for a North Texas game is $12?

Unbelievable.

During the week, you'll likely rack up $7.80+ in things like snacks and fast food...coffee?  But, for two football tickets that would normal cost, at minimum, $24?

Come on, fellas, there has to be something more reasonable to complain about.  They are trying to get butts in the seats as the team is playing their hardest to get into a bowl game...and, we want to fight them about it?

Do we even deserve a football program if it comes down to complaining about a $3.90 handling fee for a free ticket?  $3.90 is too much, really?  You can't get a ham and cheese sandwich at RaceTrac for $3.90!

It's always been my belief, (and I initially said so when I was a student at NT), that I could stand outside the student union building handing out $100 bills to students passing by, and eventually one of them would come back later and complain that theirs was wrinkled.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Unbelievable.

Seriously come on you cheap asses

I will pay 7.80 for tailgating and 3 hours worth of entertainment.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Unbelievable.

It's worse than that, the $3.90 is for the pair. It is $1.95 each.

• Upvote 3

If you say Free and really mean Free + handling fees, you should say Free + handling fees. No one in the history of ever *likes* being charged handling fees, and miscommunicating the full net charge of the transaction makes people skeptical of Free, which makes people less likely to even accept an offer like this. 

It's not a big deal to most folks, but it makes it unpleasant, and they shouldnt want to associate getting tickets -- even and especially free tickets -- from North Texas Athletics with unpleasantness. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I agree that $3.90 is cheap to get into just about anything anymore.  But when you get a link that says you get 2 FREE tkts, just click here, put in promo code and print tkts.  When you hit print tkts, there comes up a $3.90 charge.  That is what got me. 

The tickets are FREE FROM UNT.  Your bitch should be directed at Ticketmaster.   You want them free, pick them up at the ticket office.  Want the convenience of printing at home?  Pay $3.90 to Ticketmaster.

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, aztecskin said:

If you say Free and really mean Free + handling fees, you should say Free + handling fees. No one in the history of ever *likes* being charged handling fees, and miscommunicating the full net charge of the transaction makes people skeptical of Free, which makes people less likely to even accept an offer like this. 

It's not a big deal to most folks, but it makes it unpleasant, and they shouldnt want to associate getting tickets -- even and especially free tickets -- from North Texas Athletics with unpleasantness. 

Oh cry me a freakin river. You should be paying me $3.90 for reading this stupid post. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 7

28 minutes ago, NTAlum09 said:

Oh cry me a freakin river. You should be paying me $3.90 for reading this stupid post. 

Read the rules, especially:

While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.

Try and make your points without being rude. 

2 hours ago, NTAlum09 said:

I mean I *did* say it wasn't a big deal to most folks. LIke me. I am not bothered by it @NTAlum09. I thought it was worth noting that the OP had a good point that should be considered by the people that think up these promotions. If the goal is to boost attendance -- it seems to me that is the case given the nature of this promotion -- these kinds of things matter to people looking for any excuse to not come. 

---

I liked that Justin Timberlake song. I did not pay for it though. Did you? Did you buy the CD or did you go Napster? I figure you for a CD-buying type. Probably didn't flinch at the price at Sam Goody, either? Nah. You don't sweat the chump change. I like you. You are good people. So much honesty. Truth tellin' type. I get it. See what you like and you take it. Walked straight to the Pop aisle and grabbed that CD like a man with purpose. Confident. Assured. Head held high. Good times. What other CDs do you have? I might get the new ATCQ one. But I do Apple Music though, so really just going to stream it. You like Apple Music or are you a Spotify, dude? 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1