Quarterback

Cr1028

It isn't useless if you inspire your teammate and the team shows a spark. Fine stole Morris' job doing just that. I'd rather throw Shanbour in there, he doesn't seem afraid to put his body on the line. I guess as a 5th year senior, Morris is protecting his draft stock.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 7

Or it could be that they are down to only 2 healthy QBs... with Fine Spraining his AC Joint.. Guys in the NFL sometime require surgery for this injury.. So yea lets lose Morris and then have to move back Means or Chum or even yet get O'hara out there and possibly burn a RS if he is getting it this year...

But Morris did come in and pass the ball and the WRs let him down(again) with them dropping passes... and the OLine not blocking.. oh and Quinn did make it into the game 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Or it could be that they are down to only 2 healthy QBs... with Fine Spraining his AC Joint.. Guys in the NFL sometime require surgery for this injury.. So yea lets lose Morris and then have to move back Means or Chum or even yet get O'hara out there and possibly burn a RS if he is getting it this year...

But Morris did come in and pass the ball and the WRs let him down(again) with them dropping passes... and the OLine not blocking.. oh and Quinn did make it into the game 

You aren't going to lose that many quarterbacks in two games. You still have Morris, Shanbour, O'Hara(who was not signed to redshirt, he just isn't that good), and Mitch Cason before you even have to consider Means and Chumley.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

O'hara's arm was in a sling on the sideline last week. Think he's been shut down. Not sure how long ago that happened.

Just now, Cr1028 said:

You aren't going to lose that many quarterbacks in two games. You still have Morris, Shanbour, O'Hara(who was not signed to redshirt, he just isn't that good), and Mitch Cason before you even have to consider Means and Chumley.

Dont now if you saw, but Fine went out and right before half Morris wasn't moving his right arm either.. The only reason I brought up Means and Chum is because they have already(I Belive) been RS and we wouldn't have to burn Cason or O'haras

But either way, if Morris has trucked not like it would have done much.. this team was already out of it

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

I find it sad that our 170lb freshman quarterback has bigger stones than our 230lb 5th year senior. Just truck somebody for the damn first down! This isn't the SEC, you are just as big as their linebackers for crying out loud. Play to win the damn game.

And his stones lead us to what 2 yards of offense in a quarter and a half 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

We need to remember Mason Fine is a true freshman. The same thing happened with southern miss and Nick Mullens three (?) years ago when they went 0-12. On top of being a true freshman he's playing with a below average o-line and a very young receiving corps (Goree, Rutherford, T Wilson, Bussey, Khan, etc...) I think there's 4 junior or senior receivers who get playing time... The others are freshman or sophomores. Give them a year. If fine shows no improvement next year, then you have isadore who could potentially be healthy. Lets also not disregard any other grad transfers coming in.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, GMG_Dallas said:

We need to remember Mason Fine is a true freshman. The same thing happened with southern miss and Nick Mullens three (?) years ago when they went 0-12. On top of being a true freshman he's playing with a below average o-line and a very young receiving corps (Goree, Rutherford, T Wilson, Bussey, Khan, etc...) I think there's 4 junior or senior receivers who get playing time... The others are freshman or sophomores. Give them a year. If fine shows no improvement next year, then you have isadore who could potentially be healthy. Lets also not disregard any other grad transfers coming in.

Who?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Too much being put on a true freshman whose supporting cast at this time is 2'nd division CUSA talent.

If 5 or 6 wins happen this season it will be because of Mason Fine.  Some on this forum last August said 2 maybe 3 wins maximum this season as I recall. 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Too much being put on a true freshman whose supporting cast at this time is 2'nd division CUSA talent.

If 5 or 6 wins happen this season it will be because of Mason Fine.  Some on this forum last August said 2 maybe 3 wins maximum this season as I recall. 

GMG!

This is the part that I don't understand, or at least frustrates me. When we win it's because of Fine, however if we lose it's not his fault because he is a true freshman.  If we're going to give him the credit for the good things  then we must also give him the blame and criticism when he plays poor or for the losses.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

This is the part that I don't understand, or at least frustrates me. When we win it's because of Fine, however if we lose it's not his fault because he is a true freshman.  If we're going to give him the credit for the good things  then we must also give him the blame and criticism when he plays poor or for the losses.

Agreed 100%. Not sure how bad Morris is in practice, but Fine would've been benched on most average CUSA offenses. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

Agreed 100%. Not sure how bad Morris is in practice, but Fine would've been benched on most average CUSA offenses. 

Would most average CUSA offenses have had to play a true freshman quarterback since week 2? Would most average CUSA offenses have an offensive line allowing the most sacks in NCAA fbs football or at least top 5 and a receiving corps with mostly freshmen, some of them true freshmen, and sophomores? Remember the situation we are in overall. Morris, while I appreciate him coming here for a chance to start, threw 3 pics against SMU and a pick 6 against Bethune Cookman, an FCS program who is having a horrible year...

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Poor offensive line play has a true freshman QB look like one who might lead the NCAA in being sacked the most.  Any of you Fine critics ever played the damn game?  

Being around this football program going on  half a century might make you appreciate  Mason Fine more than I'm seeing with some on this forum.  I'm surprised he still has both his legs intact to be  honest

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4