Poor SMU

Marty

Sadly, in this day and age this could happen anywhere. However, if this were UNT, I'd want anyone involved, including the AD, to be immediately fired and loudly publicly shamed. I hope SMU cleans house over this.

I absolutely couldn't agree more that we should invite her out to the game next weekend to be an honorary captain and let her do the coin toss too. Hell, give her a scholarship in the name of fallen public servants while we are at it. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

SMU refused multiple requests for an interview. They later released a statement that said they would reach out to the family to apologize and re-invite them to the match.

“This incident does not reflect SMU values. Due to a change in staffing, there was a breakdown in communication that led to this unfortunate situation,” the university’s statement said in part. “The invitation was intended to help a family heal, and we very much look forward to Victoria’s first serve in the volleyball match Saturday.

That is weak sauce.

What is it with volleyball teams being an embarrassment to their respective universities?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, Marty said:

http://www.fox4news.com/news/216906175-story

we should invite this girl & her family to be honorary captains at the Southern Miss game next Saturday.

I don't know,.....our v ball team had some players take a knee during the national anthem earlier in the season.  Not sure I would want this girl and her family exposed to any more disrespect than they've already been shown?

Rick

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 10

57 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

when they take a knee i stop going to the games-my protest. i am glad the football team is not on the field for the national anthem

But, members of the Green Brigade have taken a knee.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

And I noticed none did at Homecoming. I'm watching!

200w.gif#3

Glad to know that.  Maybe someone mentioned that when in uniform and on that field they ARE NOT representing themselves.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I was not aware of this.  Has this been corrected?

Don't know for certain.  Will definitely be looking for it at the So Miss game.  If they do I certainly will not be watching their half-time presentation.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

This is sad, troubling, and insensitive. However I believe this type of "behavior" isn't isolated to SMU... Thank goodness my children are young. I am not sure I want to pay to subject them to the lunacy that is professed by academia and associated out of touch administrators on campuses across this nation. Hopefully there are some good places left. However they don't make the news...

Strange days brothers. Strange days.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

12 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

But, members of the Green Brigade have taken a knee.

And I walk out on them when they walk out on the field, although they walk so slowly, by the time they finally get on the field, I'm already done at the concession stand and just have to walk around.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I was watching OAN (One America News) on cable today and was gratified that they did a full news report on this incident. Not very good pub for SMUt.  U-Verse 1208.

• Upvote 2

I took a knee while making a turkey sandwich the other day.

Wife got mad so she bought an ottoman. She refused to discuss the issue with me to understand my point of view.

I countered by having a full English breakfast.

We watched Rocky and she rooted for Ivan Drago, and still wouldn't hear me out.

We haven't spoken since the election, but she doesn't go to Target anymore (where I get my deli meats).

-Scene-

l0MYvHFJkgm1fnuko.gif

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Aldo said:

I took a knee while making a turkey sandwich the other day.

Wife got mad so she bought an ottoman. She refused to discuss the issue with me to understand my point of view.

I countered by having a full English breakfast.

We watched Rocky and she rooted for Ivan Drago, and still wouldn't hear me out.

We haven't spoken since the election, but she doesn't go to Target anymore (where I get my deli meats).

-Scene-

l0MYvHFJkgm1fnuko.gif

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/dont-worry-i-checked-my-privilege

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3