Veterans Day

SilverEagle

26 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

SilverEagle thank for getting a thread like this started.  And many thanks to your Grandfather, your Father and brother for their service.

So, how about a roll call for all of those North Texas fans who served our country.   Overseas, stateside, Reserves, battle hardened vets, it doesn't matter.  Thanks for you service!

Viet Nam 1970 - 1971, 13-1/2 month tour of duty.

1st Field Force Viet Nam, 105 mm Artillery Battery

Phil, surely you have a photo of you during your military service.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Silver, I've never wanted to post photos of myself on the internet.  But for you, I'll make an exception.   BTW, I was in Nam 9 months after graduating from North Texas.

img019a_zpsa2473513.jpg

Don't take this badly, but unless someone knew you well, I seriously doubt that anyone would recognize this as you. I'll try and post my first NT id photo. You won't recognize it either. Nine months after graduating? Were you in the ROTC? Is that ear protectors perched on top of your head?

BTW, you look like a young man who is on the adventure of his life.

Edited by SilverEagle

1 hour ago, GM1998 said:

U.S. Army 1998 - 2004.

Stationed at Fort Bragg, enlisted in the Infantry after graduating from UNT.

Became an Officer via OCS in 2001. Stationed at Fort Bliss as an Air Defense Artillery Officer. Deployed to Operation Iraqi Freedom 2003.

Happy Veteran's Day brothers.

GMG beat WKU!!!!!

Airborne!

Don't forget you also served on Fry Street. Served drinks that is!!!

• Upvote 1

Texas Army National Guard, 9/65 - 9/71. Active duty at Fort Bliss and Fort Huachuca, summer camps at Fort Hood. Toughest fight was Hurricane Beulah in 1967.

Just got home from the Dallas Symphony's "Patriotic Pops" concert, featuring the Naval Academy Glee Club. Still have a lump in my throat.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, GM1998 said:

U.S. Army 1998 - 2004.

Stationed at Fort Bragg, enlisted in the Infantry after graduating from UNT.

Became an Officer via OCS in 2001. Stationed at Fort Bliss as an Air Defense Artillery Officer. Deployed to Operation Iraqi Freedom 2003.

Happy Veteran's Day brothers.

GMG beat WKU!!!!!

Airborne!

I just got out of ADA.. Was stationed at Fort Hood and deployed as well for OEFin 2013/2014

Small world

• Upvote 2