Mason Fine leads NCAA

casual fan

23 minutes ago, casual fan said:

Mason Fine has answered any questions on toughness.  

He leads the NCAA for being sacked with a total of 34 times and counting.

More protection .............please!!!

I understand that sacks are tacked onto the QB stat line but this is a problem for the offense and not just Mason Fine.

1 hour ago, Tyler Maryak said:

When I read the title, I knew what the record would be for before I even opened it. Sad day.

Resilient SOB, though...

Same

But the problem in the past is that we kept hiring and firing coaches with different offensive philosophies. This really impacts recruiting as well having the current players on team having to learn a whole new system. 

Dickey - Run

Dodge - Spread - I mean we had to put Jamario Thomas in this offense which doesn't work with his style of play.

Mac - Conservative Run offense

Littrell - Air Raid Spread

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, dd992emo said:

I'm as big of a Mason Fine cheerleader as anyone, but some of those sacks are on him. I am confident that number will rise more slowly as he gets more experience.

Meh, I would be willing to bet of those 34 less than 6 are his fault and that is as a TRUE freshman QB.  Going from Small School OK ball to D1 football.  I'll take the few bumps he'll have for 3 years of really fun football to watch. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Meh, I would be willing to bet of those 34 less than 6 are his fault and that is as a TRUE freshman QB.  Going from Small School OK ball to D1 football.  I'll take the few bumps he'll have for 3 years of really fun football to watch. 

A Hearty Amen, GMG24!

Like many of you, we've seen many non-Mason Fine types (or projects) the last 4 to 5 decades who helped us have not too many winning seasons during that span of time.  Mason Fine is a breath of fresh air as a true freshman.  We probably wouldn't have 4 wins without him truth be told.  Yes, he has some tweaking to do, but (after all) he is a true freshman. 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1