Kevin Dillman

NTAlum09

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

He's definitely injured.  But when did they move him from TE to DL?

I could be wrong, but I believe before the season started when they did the team photo and position group pics... he posted up photos of him with the DL group, and I would assume that he moved in the summer or at fall camp. but again I'm not 100%

I wouldn't mind having the guy as a fullback in short yardage situations when healthy. Of course I have no idea if he could fill that role since we've seen so little of him, but we could really use a hardnosed guy out there with some athleticism to help get us those short yards.

Edited by risinggreen

He should be a good player for us somewhere but not a quarterback. The QBs Harrell and Littrell are bringing in are good enough where you don't have to bother with putting Dillman at qb. Looking at both Dillman's and Fine's high school tapes, Fine looks like a quarterback, while Dillman looks like a physical specimen playing quarterback. His technique isn't close to Fine's and I think size was why he was ever a 4 or 5 star qb. Don't think for a second that if Dillman was truly a P5 caliber qb that John Walsh wouldn't have found him a home on a big 12 team.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

He should be a good player for us somewhere but not a quarterback. The QBs Harrell and Littrell are bringing in are good enough where you don't have to bother with putting Dillman at qb. Looking at both Dillman's and Fine's high school tapes, Fine looks like a quarterback, while Dillman looks like a physical specimen playing quarterback. His technique isn't close to Fine's and I think size was why he was ever a 4 or 5 star qb. Don't think for a second that if Dillman was truly a P5 caliber qb that John Walsh wouldn't have found him a home on a big 12 team.

Except that he was ruled ineligible immediately after transferring to Guyer, oh, and Walsh also picked-up *ahem* recruited *ahem* Shawn Robinson (now starring at DeSoto) so he didn't really need Dillman to play QB for him.  Dillman got a raw deal at Guyer.

18 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Except that he was ruled ineligible immediately after transferring to Guyer, oh, and Walsh also picked-up *ahem* recruited *ahem* Shawn Robinson (now starring at DeSoto) so he didn't really need Dillman to play QB for him.  Dillman got a raw deal at Guyer.

The eligibility wasn't on Walsh though. It was on UIL, just like Littrell recruit Daxx Garman. Dillman played JV for Guyer. Walsh played him at TE because he thought he was better suited there than qb. You think all 128 FBS schools forgot he had an offer to play qb at Nebraska? No. They just knew he wasn't suited to the position. He will be a good DE or TE for us.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Downvote 1