MGB: UNT-Louisiana Tech running blog

Brett Vito

So, they just said it was a smart play by the LaTech QB because he threw it away but didn't throw it beyond the LOS because they had ineligible men down field. But there wasn't a receiver in the area, so even though he was outside the pocket, that should have been intentional grounding. Missed call, completely .

• Upvote 1

It is rare that I think the refs are really screwing a game, but being down 10, I really do think that with fair refs, we might be up.

What has me particularly peeved (and shows bias) is how they confirmed that targeting call. You call that on the field, ok, I can see how you can make that mistake. But when you see that on video, it is so clear that this is not targeting. There is no excuse for that.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 3

I rarely complain about recruiting.  I feel that if one call makes all the difference then the team that got hosed on that one call should have better taken care of business.

However this is consistently bad calls to the benefit of one team.

That wasn't targeting.  They have several holds not called on long plays.  The most unexplainable is our player getting a celebration flag on doing the no fly motion.  If that is a penalty why didn't thier qb get the same for throwing the ball and signaling first down right in the face of our player?

Back to the game. Offense wise, this might have been the best half of the season, particularly for Mason Fine. There was not a single player doing a boneheaded play. Lots of good decisions by MF. Nice bounce back from last week so far.

On defense this was definitely not the best. A lot of missed tackles. But it is hard not to think, that with even semi fair refs they would have gotten off the field at lest once or twice more and we might be leading this.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

D has been much improved this year but we are getting thoroughly dominated this game. 

Mclain being unfairly thrown out of the game might have a little to do with that. But yes, definitely one of the worst defesnive games this season so far.

It's not scheeme either, defenders are in place to make plays, but keep missing takles.

Edited by outoftown