MGB breaking news -- Key recruit decommits from UNT

Brett Vito

Crap. I see he recently got an offer from Kansas. Maybe he's wanting to see what other offers he can collect by seeming to be more available than if he were already verbally committed. Also, may the UTSA loss have to do with any of this? Either way, terrible news.

Edited by dmaxel
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, dmaxel said:

Crap. I see he recently got an offer from Kansas. Maybe he's wanting to see what other offers he can collect by seeming to be more available than if he were already verbally committed. Also, may have the UTSA loss to do with any of this? Either way, terrible news.

You'd think the game against UTSA would show him he has the opportunity to step right in and play here.  

Hate to see this but hopefully he looks around and decides we're still the best place.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

It seem someone is whispering in his ears. I doubt it is San Antonio. But if Kansas was calling it might make him rethink.  

Well....If he thinks UNT's football isn't up to PAR, he's in for an eye opener in Kansas.  Yes, he'll get to play bigger schools, in bigger stadiums...But their win/loss record doesnt exactly candy-coat playing in a big stadium....

Edited by trud1966
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Here is a problem I foresee as we move forward –

As Seth and company build the program larger schools will start showing him respect by taking a close look at who he and the staff are recruiting. I afraid they will be thinking “They see something, there must be something”.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Here is a problem I foresee as we move forward –

As Seth and company build the program larger schools will start showing him respect by taking a close look at who he and the staff are recruiting. I afraid they will be thinking “They see something, there must be something”.

I disagree. Don't think his opinion is viewed negatively, just don't think it holds anymore weight than most that of the average CUSA coach. At least for now.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Kansas? I know they're B12 but that's a bottom rung G5 football program licking up P5 leftovers. Oh well, he can at least enjoy some amazing basketball there. 

It's still early so don't be surprised if we see few more recruits jump ship...

Edited by Got5onIt

9 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

Kansas? I know they're B12 but that's a bottom rung G5 football program licking up P5 leftovers. Oh well, he can at least enjoy some amazing basketball there. 

It's still early so don't be surprised if we see few more recruits jump ship...

I guess that's to be expected, but man...we're #9 in recruiting in CUSA? Like, I didn't expect to be #1 in this crew's first full recruiting cycle, but at least middle of the pack, especially sitting at .500. Seems like it'll hurt us more than a lot of teams to lose recruits.

• Upvote 1