Official LATech game score prediction thread

MeanGreenTexan

The D has pretty consistently held our opponents to fewer points than they average.  I see no reason why that should change this week.  I said it before, but I think this team is capable of beating anyone left on the schedule.  As last week CLEARLY indicated, they can also lose to anyone.  I think they'll come out ready to prove that last week was a fluke and we'll have a decent enough showing---but a win is going to require that we play our best game of 2016 (thus far).

17 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

The D has pretty consistently held our opponents to fewer points than they average.  I see no reason why that should change this week.  I said it before, but I think this team is capable of beating anyone left on the schedule.  As last week CLEARLY indicated, they can also lose to anyone.  I think they'll come out ready to prove that last week was a fluke and we'll have a decent enough showing---but a win is going to require that we play our best game of 2016 (thus far).

They played pretty good at West Point...that same effort could win this game....

50 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

The D has pretty consistently held our opponents to fewer points than they average.  

Problem is that LaTech has has average 44.4 in conference games.   In conference we have averaged (excluding Rice 2OT)  24.  Even if the defense held them to two touchdowns under their average, we would have to score a touchdown more than our average to win.  21 point differential from the averages.  

21 points happens to be the line.  

Hoping for the best, but we have to be aware of how good that LaTech offense really is.  Nationally they are:

• 2nd in Passing Offense
  • 5th in Total Offense
  • 7th in Scoring Offense
  • 3rd in 3rd Down Conversions
  • 6th in Completion Percentage
  • 6th in Team Passing Efficiency
  • 2nd in Tackles for Loss Allowed
  • 16th in INTs Thrown
  • 36th in Sacks Allowed
  • 37th in Turnovers
  • 36th in Penalties 

Oh, and their ST isn't bad either:

• 16th in KO Returns
  • 23rd in Punt Returns

Next two weeks are going to be rough.  It's important that the team and the fans keep their spirits up because the USM home game is going to be huge.  

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

Problem is that LaTech has has average 44.4 in conference games.   In conference we have averaged (excluding Rice 2OT)  24.  Even if the defense held them to two touchdowns under their average, we would have to score a touchdown more than our average to win.  21 point differential from the averages.  

21 points happens to be the line.  

Hoping for the best, but we have to be aware of how good that LaTech offense really is.  Nationally they are:

• 2nd in Passing Offense
  • 5th in Total Offense
  • 7th in Scoring Offense
  • 3rd in 3rd Down Conversions
  • 6th in Completion Percentage
  • 6th in Team Passing Efficiency
  • 2nd in Tackles for Loss Allowed
  • 16th in INTs Thrown
  • 36th in Sacks Allowed
  • 37th in Turnovers
  • 36th in Penalties 

Oh, and their ST isn't bad either:

• 16th in KO Returns
  • 23rd in Punt Returns

Next two weeks are going to be rough.  It's important that the team and the fans keep their spirits up because the USM home game is going to be huge.  

The UNT team we saw in San Antonio, or even against MTSU will get waxed by these guys.  We're going to have to play our best game of the year to win.  

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Now, this is just not true.   GoMeanGreen.com is ranked in the top 25 in all Message Board polls.    We'd kill barks-and-bytes.

Nah, we are that plucky mid major squad that can't get any Top 25 love but still manages to get to the Sweet 16 every once in a while.

(yes, that's a basketball analogy in the football forum, but that's as close as I think we will get to real fun involving basketball for another 1-2 seasons and I think it fits.)

Edited by Army of Dad

North Texas 23

LA Tech 52

I hope I'm wrong, but I feel our O-line, and QB play regressed last week. LA Tech's offense is much better then UTSA's, and their defense is good enough to stop our ground game. Plus, I don't know if our offense will protect the ball.

• Upvote 1