Western Kentucky Game Watching Party at the Alumni Pavilion?

MattyV

Does anyone know if the alumni pavilion will be open for a game watching party when UNT plays Western Kentucky on 11/12? 

I've never been to the alumni pavilion before, and i'm thinking about joining the alumni association. 

I understand that on game day that the food (and face painting) is complementary and that beer is $3. Is that true? 

Is it usual for out-of-town games to be shown at the Alumni Pavilion? 

Away games have not been shown at the Pavillion.  Yes, the food has been complimentary and the beers...many craft of nature....are very reasonably priced.  A nice perk to being a member of the Alumni Association.

Here's a hint...look at joking as a life member and as a joint life member if married.  The cost is still $500/$600 for a couple, but that fee will be going up soon.  It is well underpriced at this point.  It is a real bargain...especially if you are a younger alum.  Do the math.  I believe you can pay on a payment plan as well over a year, I believe, so the hit doesn't happen all at once.  Best thing I did was to become a life member (joint with my spouse) after paying annual dues for way too many years.  Should have joined as a life member much sooner.  

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Away games have not been shown at the Pavillion.  Yes, the food has been complimentary and the beers...many craft of nature....are very reasonably priced.  A nice perk to being a member of the Alumni Association.

Here's a hint...look at joking as a life member and as a joint life member if married.  The cost is still $500/$600 for a couple, but that fee will be going up soon.  It is well underpriced at this point.  It is a real bargain...especially if you are a younger alum.  Do the math.  I believe you can pay on a payment plan as well over a year, I believe, so the hit doesn't happen all at once.  Best thing I did was to become a life member (joint with my spouse) after paying annual dues for way too many years.  Should have joined as a life member much sooner.  

Maybe we should start doing this. Seems like a win-win for everyone. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Kram1. I was contemplating the lifetime membership, but was not looking forward to paying the $600 all at once.

I'm going to be in Denton to watch the Western Kentucky game either way.  

I'll try to convince the people at II Charlies to show the game. 

On 11/1/2016 at 11:01 AM, KRAM1 said:

I believe KRAM1 meant joining as a life member, not joking as a life member.  Pretending to be a life member isn't appropriate and isn't all that funny anyway.  

;-)

1 hour ago, MattyV said:

Thanks, Kram1. I was contemplating the lifetime membership, but was not looking forward to paying the $600 all at once.

I'm going to be in Denton to watch the Western Kentucky game either way.  

I'll try to convince the people at II Charlies to show the game. 

Note that the game is not on network television.  It's being streamed on the Internet via ESPN3.

• Upvote 2