Bowl hopes fading quick

NTAlum97

MG nation,

Our hopes of a bowl bid probably ended tonight.  We have a shot at UTEP but I'm afraid we don't win another game until then.  UTSA proved more athletic and showed us how far we have to go.  This season was a success, regardless, and I certainly bought into the hype of hit 6 but those hopes likely ended tonight.  

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 33

8 minutes ago, JasoH said:

MG nation,

Our hopes of a bowl bid probably ended tonight.  We have a shot at UTEP but I'm afraid we don't win another game until then.  UTSA proved more athletic and showed us how far we have to go.  This season was a success, regardless, and I certainly bought into the hype of hit 6 but those hopes likely ended tonight.  

Ice that knee. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

35 minutes ago, JasoH said:

MG nation,

You are getting quite annoying. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

You're going to get buried in down votes, but our chances just dropped from about 80% if we had won, to 20% or less.  

Still, getting to 4 or 5 wins with the turnover we had and with brand new coaches is still incredibly encouraging.  Coaches need to kick ass in recruiting and get this program turned around.  

17 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

Not a very credible post

Is that right? What two games do we win?? Maybe southern miss and UTEP.  By the way, UTEP beat UTSA last week which makes me a bit cautious to assume we win that one after seeing our effort tonight.  This was a good season for us and one that we can grown on.  I never said it wasn't possible but I think the journey just got harder.  Either way I'll be in the stands next weekend hoping for a different outcome.  Appreciate you, though.  

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 8

Pull it to gather people!! At the beginning of the year if we knew we would be 4&4 at this point everyone would be delirious. This is a young team and both the players and coaches will continue to grow and get better. We still have 4 games to go. When ur young and on a roll its easy to get premature gloat.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

As I have said previously elsewhere, there seems to be a lot of false notion around that we will need 6 wins to go bowling. It is however highly probable that we only need 5. With the increase in bowl games in the last years, it is highly likely that there will not be enough 6-6 teams to fill all the bowl slots. When that happens, the 6-7 and 5-7 teams with the highest APRs become bowl eligible. UNT hass a very high APR (something we should be thankful to the previous coach about). If UNT gets another win it will go bowling. It may not feel as nice as being 6-6 but it will be highly useful in terms of practice time.

55 minutes ago, JasoH said:

MG nation,

Go to bed, your drunk. Great start to your GoMeanGreen career 

2 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Every keep it civil.

Post was too bad? Sorry brother. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

It was a tough loss. We had about 100 yards more total offense, more time of possession, and had more first downs. The offense was  balanced. 

Those darn turnovers though. A fumble on the one yard line, a silly forced throw int that should have never been thrown, the wth pass fumble thingy, the 5 yard overthrow int. Oh, and the TD called back that we didn't end up converting. 

Too many unforced errors that you just can't come back from. 

Mason just had his worst game. He will bounce back. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JasoH said:

MG nation,

The last time we went to a bowl game (won) we lost to UTSA. It is not yet the end.  

• Upvote 3

I am elated with our season! If you read my post in full you'd notice that I said this season was a success.  I hope I'm wrong about where we end up and I certainly didn't expect 4-4 at this point but here we are.  I'll take that rope around my neck off and drop it down from my club seats to you and pull you up so we can watch next week's game together.  Hell, I'll even buy you a drink.  It's the least I could do. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I think we would all be lying if we weren't a little deflated after this loss. But this Mean Green team is different. Before the season began, many looked at our last four games of the schedule and thought 1-3 at best. However I think the mentality now is that we can win any game that we step onto the field for. I still think we can reach 6 wins, and it starts a week from now when hopefully 25k pack Apogee! GMG!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GreenTexan13 said:

Jesus people... We have two more games at home and plenty more we can win... calm down, we had a really bad game tonight, but get off the depression train. 

UTSA beat Southern Miss this year, it's not like we can't beat them either...

UTSA beat them because they thought UTSA was garbage and didn't take the game seriously. I doubt UNT will have that luxury.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

4 hours ago, Cerebus said:

You're going to get buried in down votes, but our chances just dropped from about 80% if we had won, to 20% or less.  

Still, getting to 4 or 5 wins with the turnover we had and with brand new coaches is still incredibly encouraging.  Coaches need to kick ass in recruiting and get this program turned around.  

How? We'll go bowling at 5-7 due to our APR.

2 hours ago, UTSA Fan said:

UTSA beat them because they thought UTSA was garbage and didn't take the game seriously. I doubt UNT will have that luxury.

UTSA is garbage. Garbage school, team, fanbase.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 8