Alamo dome

mgfan

Dallas is awesome and I heart the Big D.  San Antonio has some charm and a much not to desire.  Every town has some great things and sheety things.  I am just glad I left San Antonio a long time ago and grew up in the Fabulous Metroplex.  Blessed to go to school in Denton.  Give me the Katy Trail, Bishop Arts, M Streets, Lower Greenville, Lakewood and White Rock.  Yeah you can keep San Antone and that annoying program.  Just beat'em.  

GMG

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Just now, NM Green said:

Dallas is awesome and I heart the Big D.  San Antonio has some charm and a much not to desire.  Every town has some great things and sheety things.  I am just glad I left San Antonio a long time ago and grew up in the Fabulous Metroplex.  Blessed to go to school in Denton.  Give me the Katy Trail, Bishop Arts, M Streets, Lower Greenville, Lakewood and White Rock.  Yeah you can keep San Antone and that annoying program.  Just beat'em.  

GMG

Give me Southtown, Alamo City and Downtown...actual cultural meccas. 

UNT isn't related to Dallas, that's why we have a shitty satellite college there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 12

7 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

"Dallas is great!!!" -People who have never been to any world cities in America (NYC, Chicago, LA, DC, Houston, etc)

I don't live in Dallas. Been to all of those places, and LA sucks ass. Chicago is fun to visit 1/4 of the year. Girls in NYC look like whooping cranes. Houston wants to be Austin. DC can't get it's head out of its own ass. What other cities have you visited that I can make fun of?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Enjoy your racially profiled rooftop bar in Uptown Dallas. SA is a thousand times the city that garbage can in North Texas is.

I talk cities because I'm well traveled and don't just insulate myself in the cesspool that is Dallas.

What does well traveled mean? I guess that makes you an expert on cities. I have found those that feel they have to claim they are something online are rarely what they claim usually just a pretenders. 

1 minute ago, MeanMag said:

I don't live in Dallas. Been to all of those places, and LA sucks ass. Chicago is fun to visit 1/4 of the year. Girls in NYC look like whooping cranes. Houston wants to be Austin. DC can't get it's head out of its own ass. What other cities have you visited that I can make fun of?

LOL, yes, everything sucks except for Dallas. Gotcha. Exactly why the entire county hates the area inside 635, even Fort Worth.

1 minute ago, KingDL1 said:

What does well traveled mean? I guess that makes you an expert on cities. I have found those that feel they have to claim they are something online are rarely what they claim usually just a pretenders. 

I've been all over the country, and don't claim any city as perfect when we lose a football game. No, you living in Dallas doesn't make you superior to people living in San Antonio.

4 minutes ago, MeanMag said:

"Girls in NYC look like whooping cranes." 

For when you're insecure in more ways than one about your masculinity.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

Just now, Ryan Munthe said:

LOL, yes, everything sucks except for Dallas. Gotcha. Exactly why the entire county hates the area inside 635, even Fort Worth.

Not exactly. There are places in every city that have redeeming qualities. You obviously didn't find anything you enjoyed or experienced some racial profiling within the city limits of Dallas. But keeping worrying about what the rest of the country likes, free thinker.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Quoner said:

I just spent a week in Houston. It was fine. Dallas is fine. Living in New England is fine. Traveling to the west coast is fine. Grow up and stop seeing the world through lame sports rivalries.

Dallas is totally fine, if that's your thing. Do I like it? Nah. It's fine if that's your way of living. I'm not just going to shit on your city because it makes me feel better about losing 31-17. Shit on the garbage academics instead, GMG.

#MakeGMGGreatAgain

Not exactly. There are places in every city that have redeeming qualities. You obviously didn't find anything you enjoyed or experienced some racial profiling within the city limits of Dallas. But keeping worrying about what the rest of the country likes, free thinker.

Yes, Dallas has Deep Ellum and Lower Greenville. Your point?

• Downvote 5

1 minute ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Dallas is totally fine, if that's your thing. Do I like it? Nah. It's fine if that's your way of living. I'm not just going to shit on your city because it makes me feel better about losing 31-17. Shit on the garbage academics instead, GMG.

#MakeGMGGreatAgain

If it's fine, maybe don't shoe horn these posts in every few weeks and let it go? 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Quoner said:

If it's fine, maybe don't shoe horn these posts in every few weeks and let it go? 

I don't, in fact. 

Every week it's "oh well at least I don't live in ________" which is only a valid insult if you're playing WKU.

Alamodome is a garbage place that 95% of UTSA fans would agree with. Being "Dallas is so much better OMG can't wait to hang out in Uptown" is amusing and dumb.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Downvote 7

4 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

#MakeGMGGreatAgain

Yes, Dallas has Deep Ellum and Lower Greenville. Your point?

My point is, I have never found a place in Watauga that is awesome.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My point is, I have never found a place in Watauga that is awesome.

Neither have I, what the hell are you even talking about?

I'm talking about this:

htto://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/dallas-still-struggles-to-shake-its-reputation-as-the-city-of-hate/article15469543/

http://www.travelandleisure.com/americas-favorite-places/rudest-cities

When you insult other places people are fond of. It's hypocritical and typical of the inferiority complex.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Downvote 8

I've never heard Houston as a "World Class City" the way Ryan has touted it to be.  I've spent countless time in Houston and it's nice...not a whole lot ton different than Dallas in many respects.  San Antonio is fine as well....I'm no fan of the Riverwalk but other than that I've found good things to do there too.  There isn't a really a proper way to judge cities as it's totally subjective but living in Dallas myself and well traveled globally I can assure you Dallas and the metroplex in general has a ton to offer and is a big boy city with the rest of them.  There's good and charm everywhere...sometimes you just gotta go seek it.  Cities in the south are just typically so different so so much of it is sprawled out so that is definitely one thing to keep in mind from an outsiders perspective.

That said I'm not a huge fan of the Alamodome but I totally respect and value the closed roof and climate controlled atmosphere so at the least there's that.  

4 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

You are pretty silly at times, your superior intelligence shines through.

But can you please make sure your language is kept in check. 

3 minutes ago, Green Mean said:

I've never heard Houston as a "World Class City" the way Ryan has touted it to be.  I've spent countless time in Houston and it's nice...not a whole lot ton different than Dallas in many respects.  San Antonio is fine as well....I'm no fan of the Riverwalk but other than that I've found good things to do there too.  There isn't a really a proper way to judge cities as it's totally subjective but living in Dallas myself and well traveled globally I can assure you Dallas and the metroplex in general has a ton to offer and is a big boy city with the rest of them.  There's good and charm everywhere...sometimes you just gotta go seek it.  Cities in the south are just typically so different so so much of it is sprawled out so that is definitely one thing to keep in mind from an outsiders perspective.

That said I'm not a huge fan of the Alamodome but I totally respect and value the closed roof and climate controlled atmosphere so at the least there's that.  

This whole thing is a dumb argument I got easily baited into. 

My point is "oh well my city is better as a defense for losing a football Game" is a dumb and idiotic argument for imbeciles I try to avoid because I realized a few years ago it's dumb, idiotic and often racist.

1 minute ago, KingDL1 said:

You are pretty silly at times, your superior intelligence shines through.

But can please you make sure your language is kept in check. 

What the hell is vulgar language? Are you 10? Talking about your meaty balls is OK though?

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Downvote 7

I haven't been to the dome since they announced they wanted to renovated it ... and was wondering where the renovations were. Then I looked it up. 

http://therivardreport.com/alamodome-set-25th-anniversary-makover/

I don't know if that will improve the video screens, but I hope so. I've been spoiled by the good screens pretty much everywhere. 

Just now, aztecskin said:

I haven't been to the dome since they announced they wanted to renovated it ... and was wondering where the renovations were. Then I looked it up. 

http://therivardreport.com/alamodome-set-25th-anniversary-makover/

I don't know if that will improve the video screens, but I hope so. I've been spoiled by the good screens pretty much everywhere. 

Nobody cares. Go write a Coker Chronicles article about the community college you have a degree from.

• Downvote 13

7 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

I'm talking about this:

htto://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/dallas-still-struggles-to-shake-its-reputation-as-the-city-of-hate/article15469543/

When you insult other places people are fond of. It's hypocritical and typical of the inferiority complex.

"Nine of the surly cities also scored highly for passionate sports fans, so perhaps that in-your-face enthusiasm is rubbing out-of-towners the wrong way."

Travel & Leisure named Providence the best city in America 2 years ago, which was quite a shock to all of us living there at the time. 

6 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

This whole thing is a dumb argument I got easily baited into. 

My point is "oh well my city is better as a defense for losing a football Game" is a dumb and idiotic argument for imbeciles I try to avoid because I realized a few years ago it's dumb, idiotic and often racist.

What the hell is vulgar language? Are you 10? Talking about your meaty balls is OK though?

You consistently get baited into this and you're referencing personal historical rivalries you have with multiple in the thread. You really might be the problem here.

Alternative solution: screenshot the dumbest stuff you see, text it to a few friends, laugh at it, and move on.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

Typically, when I am looking for world renowned, unbiased, racially diverse opinions, to show my non-elitism, I start with Travel&Leisure.com and work my way out from there.

I throw in the globe and mail occasionally because in the name itself, mentions the worldly article, "globe". It sounds very traveled and developed. Not at all racist.

I'm going to go get some popcorn.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

I'm talking about this:

These lists are a silly and the article stating Dallas is the city of hate if beyond stupid.  It's sort of like the lists of best college to party etc...I mean seriously those are all bogus.  Dallas is hardly the city of hate....no different than any other city...has it's share of douches but also offers a ton of diversity, art, culture and so forth.  I'll also include DFW as a whole part of this.  People are moving here in droves there's certainly reasons for that b/c they're all staying.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Typically, when I am looking for world renowned, unbiased, racially diverse opinions, to show my non-elitism, I start with Travel&Leisure.com and work my way out from there.

I throw in the globe and mail occasionally because in the name itself, mentions the worldly article, "globe". It sounds very traveled and developed. Not at all racist.

I'm going to go get some popcorn.

It's 2:36am and you're arguing with me on GMG. Maybe you want to re-evaluate your life decisions? Because I can tell you I'm buzzed and about to go to bed, and that's why I'm on here. It's a lot like Stan's Dad on South Park. Know I'm trolling to be an a-hole, but it's so fun.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Downvote 9