Alamo dome

mgfan

Just now, Ryan Munthe said:

It's 2:36am and you're arguing with me on GMG. Maybe you want to re-evaluate your life decisions? Because I can tell you I'm buzzed and about to go to bed. 

Not at all disappointed with my life decisions. Also, I would not call this "arguing". It seems very lame to argue over cities with you think are awesome, but actually aren't. I'm going to crack open a tall boy, quitter. But, if you are only buzzed, it means you never really got started, in which case... what's your excuse?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I find it interesting that the Superdome is twice as old as the Alamodome and has been through a hurricane, and its by far a better venue.

I talked with a guy who was part of the Alamodome design discussions. One of the reasons the seats are so narrow is that the city had to pack them in to meet the 65K requirement (at the time) to draw an NFL team. It was built on a budget, in a pinch, for a team that didn't exist, and was fairly immediately unfit for NFL service. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, mgfan said:

Place is a dump.

Parking is terrible

Acoustics suck

Concessions are terrible

Cleanliness is none existent 

THANK GOD FOR APOGEE

I totally agree with the first three lines. As I told FFR, I will never set foot in that place again. Even if the team finds itself getting invited to the Alamo Bowl. 

In the past I have stated that we need a strong/intense rivalry, and if it has to be UTSA, then so be it. But this North Texas alumni/fan will only participate in this rivalry at Apogee. 

Come on La Tech fans!  Surely you can step up and fill the need!

• Upvote 2

I love Weatherford & Parker County myself.  ?

We have Kangaroo Stadium that a UNT alum practically rebuilt & modernized.

We also have First Monday which is a smaller version of Canton.

EAT YOUR ❤️'s OUT SAN ANTONIO ROSE!

GMG!

PS:. North Texas also has the best college marching concert band with LEGS!  Eat your ❤️'s out ZZ Top!?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Enjoy your racially profiled rooftop bar in Uptown Dallas. SA is a thousand times the city that garbage can in North Texas is.

I talk cities because I'm well traveled and don't just insulate myself in the cesspool that is Dallas.

Dallas is a ******** that nobody enjoys, except people currently IN Dallas.

"Dallas is great!!!" -People who have never been to any world cities in America (NYC, Chicago, LA, DC, Houston, etc)

Edited by KingDL1

Please stop....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

50 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

Does utsa have some kind of master plan that calls for building an on campus stadium, or do they plan on renting the Alamo dome longer term?

I hope so. Being associated with teams that don't have their own stadium is not I want for UNT. 

I forgot to mention how bad the utsa fans are. The least welcoming I have met in awhile. They get mad when you cheer for your team, when they are sitting in the visitor section.

I don't think think they realize that some money we spent there goes back to their university, or maybe they don't care. 

On that note I don't dislike them because they won (as in a rivarly) I dislike them because how they act, treat visitors, don't have an on field campus and UNT has to be associated with them. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, UTSA Fan said:

Alright. Dome sucked, san antonio sucks, utsa sucks, food sucks, acoustics suck, team was AMAZING and would have won by 10 touchdowns except dome sucks, officiating sucks, utsa is dirty, utsa cheats, sound system is terrible, Fine is Johnny Unitas and Wilson is Walter Payton. I will say, that was a BAD ASS on side kick. I never saw that before and is a fabulously designed play. Oh yeah, utsa coaches, cheerleaders, public transportation and news coverage too. 

You are a fan of one team or a troll. Pick one!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

City smack talk is pretty ridiculous.  I think all cities have pretty awesome things about them if you care to look.  

As far as not wanting to associate with schools who do not have their own stadium goes -- there's a few big name schools that do not technically have their own stadium.  I wouldn't turn down a home and home with UCLA at the Rose Bowl though.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, CMJ said:

As far as not wanting to associate with schools who do not have their own stadium goes -- there's a few big name schools do not technically have their own stadium.  I wouldn't turn down a home and home with UCLA at the Rose Bowl though.

I think quite a few people here on the board make way too much out of UTSA not having their own on campus stadium.  It doesn't really where they play...it's practically their stadium and it's these stadiums are just used 6 Saturday's a year so I mean seriously it doesn't really matter.  Miami is another one that doesn't have their own stadium and I believe Temple plays at the Linc where the Eagles play.  And Tulane played at the Superdome before they built theirs on campus.  An on campus stadium is always great and nice to have but I don't really think about it in judging another school/program.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, TIgreen01 said:

Does utsa have some kind of master plan that calls for building an on campus stadium, or do they plan on renting the Alamo dome longer term?

CALLING ALL MGN, LISTEN GOOD AND HARD! UTSA HAS NO ABILITY, REPEAT, NO ABILITY TO HAVE AN ON CAMPUS STADIUM! THERE IS NO LAND AVAILABLE ON CAMPUS TO DO SO!      If this is a source of consternation your s.o.l. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7