Interesting Rankings

Cerebus

Just now, NTAlum09 said:

Ooooooooooh no sir

Lost to Washington by 45

Lost to Washington State by 50

Lost to Troy by 21

That system doesn't take in point differential, or at least considers SOS much higher than point differential.  

That system believes that ANY loss to Washington/WSU/TROY are better losses than ANY loss to SMU/Florida/MTSU.  

Not saying I agree with it, but the teams we have lost two have a combined total of 7 losses, while Idaho has lost to teams with a combined total of 3 losses.   Any system is flawed.  I don't think we would beat TT even they are ranked below us there.  They beat LaTech pretty handily.  

Win this one and homecoming and Top 60 will be in range. I'm thinking that this week will be a little tougher than many expect, but I think that we pull it off in a relatively low scoring game. Their guys in the trenches look to be a good bit bigger and more physical than Army's. We've just got to continue to win the T/O game and get Fine going a little more through the air.

4 minutes ago, foutsrouts said:

Win this one and homecoming and Top 60 will be in range. I'm thinking that this week will be a little tougher than many expect, but I think that we pull it off in a relatively low scoring game. Their guys in the trenches look to be a good bit bigger and more physical than Army's. We've just got to continue to win the T/O game and get Fine going a little more through the air.

But are they as fast as our guys?

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

That system doesn't take in point differential, or at least considers SOS much higher than point differential.  

That system believes that ANY loss to Washington/WSU/TROY are better losses than ANY loss to SMU/Florida/MTSU.  

Not saying I agree with it, but the teams we have lost two have a combined total of 7 losses, while Idaho has lost to teams with a combined total of 3 losses.   Any system is flawed.  I don't think we would beat TT even they are ranked below us there.  They beat LaTech pretty handily.  

Losses to Florida and this year's Middle are good losses. That smug loss is what is holding us down in any ranking system. If we are 5-2 with our losses to only Middle and Florida we would surely be ranked in the 60's and maybe even high 50's. I hate smu. Their cheating scandalous 30 for 30 came on ESPN2 the other night. Of course, they grew their 'tradition' with cheating in the 80's and now they get publicity and a 30 for 30 all for them due to cheating. Like I have said in the past, what's the downfall when it puts you in relevancy and keeps you in it. Make no mistake, Dallas media would gawk and awe at the notoriety of those nose thumbers if they were just 5-2. The media publicity would be unbearable. We have to beat them next year. It's a must win game. 

• Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Losses to Florida and this year's Middle are good losses. That smug loss is what is holding us down in any ranking system. If we are 5-2 with our losses to only Middle and Florida we would surely be ranked in the 60's and maybe even high 50's. I hate smu. Their cheating scandalous 30 for 30 came on ESPN2 the other night. Of course, they grew their 'tradition' with cheating in the 80's and now they get publicity and a 30 for 30 all for them due to cheating. Like I have said in the past, what's the downfall when it puts you in relevancy and keeps you in it. Make no mistake, Dallas media would gawk and awe at the notoriety of those nose thumbers if they were just 5-2. The media publicity would be unbearable. We have to beat them next year. It's a must win game. 

Sounds like a good rivalry to me!

• Upvote 2