GoMeanGreen.com Barbershop Podcast #170

Harry

gallery_1_2_96526.jpg

Join @Evan @Harry  and @BeyondTheGreen as they talk about the HUGE win against Army, and of course the upcoming important conference game against UTSA.  This weeks episode includes but is not limited to the following: Beyond the Green show previews, special guest Denton Record Chronicle Beat Writer @Brett Vito; former UNT player @GMoney sharing his good insight; @TheReal_jayD providing recruiting updates and some big commits; and the undisputed King of North Texas tailgating @KingDL1 provides some unique historical insight into the big Army win.  We also have our student representative  on-campus @Brandon.Berens for a return visit with news from campus, as well as one of our favorite UNT alums based in San Antonio and designated UTSA spy @Mo Green.

Click here to listen to the show:  http://gomeangreenbarbershop.libsyn.com/barbershop-podcast-170

I'm sorry, but as long as we have the SMU series there's no need for an ongoing series with Army. It really hurts our scheduling flexibility when we have 2 OOC spots filled for the next 10 years.

And playing Army does nothing for me. They're usually a bad team and beating them is never going to raise anyone's eyebrows. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 18

5 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I'm sorry, but as long as we have the SMU series there's no need for an ongoing series with Army. It really hurts our scheduling flexibility when we have 2 OOC spots filled for the next 10 years.

And playing Army does nothing for me. They're usually a bad team and beating them is never going to raise anyone's eyebrows. 

I just respectfully disagree with you on this.

43 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

You think beating them this past weekend didn't raise any eyebrows? Have you been on the forum this week?

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

It was enough to get noticed by Kirk Herbstreit:

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I'm with you IF you replace the series with a rotation of the academies.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Evan said:

We are trying to get away from it. We have moved the hosting to the libsyn site and had a few errors that I'm working on.

OK, I'll change my  RSS feed reader to use the new site then.

• Upvote 1

On 10/27/2016 at 11:09 AM, UNTcrazy727 said:

I was going to make a comment, but your username says it all.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Tyler Maryak said:

I really liked this podcast and I'm looking forward to the BTG that should post today or tomorrow! Last week felt brutal. Thanks for doing these, guys!

It was a great BTG!  Thanks for listening and thanks for the feedback.

gmg

The Army game was shown on the Armed Forces Network (AFN).  It was televised around the world (every base, ships at sea, maybe even Antarctica) as it happened!  Imagine a national versus a regional audience.  The Mean Green acquitted themselves well and Army was a classy and worthy opponent.

Edited by Aigle Vert
To add more info.
  • Upvote 2