I'm Here to Eat So Much Crow Now

untjim1995

17 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

GMG.com, I come before you as an incredibly amazed, yet also incredibly embarrassed and humbled, poster here. I severely underestimated Seth Littrell and this team. Never imagined we could get more than 2 wins--and now I am just astonished at the 4 wins we have so far, with 5 to go. I have no idea where this thing goes from here--because I obviously know absolutely nothing about football.

I'm here to take my lumps and to recognize how wrong I was about this team and the talent on this team.

The team that I watched on Saturday was easily the best MG effort I have seen from our team against a good G5 team on the road in years. I really cannot remember our last really good road win against a quality, bowl-worthy opponent. I don't remember one at anytime in the Mac era, Dodge era, Dickey era, or Simon era. I know that we won at Tech a couple of times, but I'm talking about a game on the road against a team that is on our level of play.

Very proud of the Mean Green so far. Eating crow in a major way right now. I admit I had absolutely no faith in this thing ever having 4+ wins this year. After the Marshall win, I was stunned. Now, after this win, I'm just amazed to see their effort and improvement showing up so soon in Littrell's career.

I'm completely embarrassed to come here and admit how incredibly wrong I have been about this year--but I also incredibly glad to come here and say it. We finally have some serious reason for hope and belief in the Mean Green for the future.

For those who are religious, I recognize that I am the epitome of Doubting Thomas right now. So blessed are you that didn't see, yet still believed in the Mean Green. I guess, at this point, as a Catholic, I feel like I'm going to Confession now and asking for forgiveness and mercy...

All good, at least you can admit it.  I would have been equally as pesimistic about it, had I not met Littrell and Co., at the Coaches clinic.  They had me sold then.  Very bright staff. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

The team that I watched on Saturday was easily the best MG effort I have seen from our team against a good G5 team on the road in years. I really cannot remember our last really good road win against a quality, bowl-worthy opponent. I don't remember one at anytime in the Mac era, Dodge era, Dickey era, or Simon era. I know that we won at Tech a couple of times, but I'm talking about a game on the road against a team that is on our level of play.

Its been a while for sure, depending how you want to look at it 38-46 years since we had a road win against an out of conference opponent with a winning record at game time during the regular season in the full D1, D1a, Major College(university) level.

See:

Took Seth Lettrell and staff 7 games.

I predicted 2 wins before the season. I couldn't have been more wrong. This team is buying in to Littrell's vision all the way. The influx of JUCO talent, the actual coaching that is taking place, in-game adjustments. These are all reasons why this thing is working. The sky is the limit with this team and to think next year we return:

15 of 22 on the offensive 2 deep and

15 of 22 on the defensive 2 deep

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

GMG.com, I come before you as an incredibly amazed, yet also incredibly embarrassed and humbled, poster here. I severely underestimated Seth Littrell and this team. Never imagined we could get more than 2 wins--and now I am just astonished at the 4 wins we have so far, with 5 to go. I have no idea where this thing goes from here--because I obviously know absolutely nothing about football.

I'm here to take my lumps and to recognize how wrong I was about this team and the talent on this team.

Very proud of the Mean Green so far. Eating crow in a major way right now. I admit I had absolutely no faith in this thing ever having 4+ wins this year. After the Marshall win, I was stunned. Now, after this win, I'm just amazed to see their effort and improvement showing up so soon in Littrell's career.

I'm completely embarrassed to come here and admit how incredibly wrong I have been about this year--but I also incredibly glad to come here and say it. We finally have some serious reason for hope and belief in the Mean Green for the future.

For those who are religious, I recognize that I am the epitome of Doubting Thomas right now. So blessed are you that didn't see, yet still believed in the Mean Green. I guess, at this point, as a Catholic, I feel like I'm going to Confession now and asking for forgiveness and mercy...

As a born and raised Catholic myself(shhhhhhsh, don't tell Hillary), and I have the scars from the Nuns to prove it, untjim1995, you are absolved from your sin of being a "non-believer).  Now, go say three Our Fathers and ten Hail Mary's; and doubt no more!

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

19 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

untjim can join the crowd... no way in hell i thought this would be anything more than a rebuilding year for the Mean Green... i thought it would be a great year if we pulled off three wins...

The scary thing about this team, it is a rebuilding year. There are pieces learning and growing on the go. A lot of key pieces will be here next year and many will be here for the next 2 years. The next two recruiting cycles could turn this thing into a CUSA power, quickly. This recruiting cycle is monumentally big. We have to land some studs. 

• Upvote 7

25 minutes ago, Aldo said:

That place is fowl

The ones here are.  The ones in the Miami are far far better because they're so full that the chicken is always super hot and fresh and tastes much better IMO.  On the whole tho I much much prefer El Pollo Regio's chicken.

Edited by Green Mean
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

What happened to untjim1995? If was you and UNT90 hanging from a cliff and the only way of being saved was positivism towards North Texas football. I could have bet money that y'all would let go of the ledge than admit any positive future outlook. SL led you to the light!

• Upvote 1

Just now, GreenTexan13 said:

What happened to untjim1995? If was you and UNT90 hanging from a cliff and the only way of being saved was positivism towards North Texas football. I could have bet money that y'all would let go of the ledge than admit any positive future outlook. SL led you to the light!

I don't know that I've met Jim, but  I have met 90 and I'd bet you haven't. Also, 90 used to be very positive. It took a good bit of "stuff" for him to change his views.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Army of Dad said:

I don't know that I've met Jim, but  I have met 90 and I'd bet you haven't. Also, 90 used to be very positive. It took a good bit of "stuff" for him to change his views.

I haven't met anyone on this board personally. What you post here is what I perceive you as unfortunately. Although it's not fair to be upset when I see negativity. A lot of you guys have been around UNT sports for a very long time. I've been actively following UNT football since 2011-12ish and just been introduced into the mean green roller coaster ride. 

56 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

Just now! See what you guys did.

Pollo Tropical closes 10 locations

Good to hear. I went there once and thought the chicken tasted like roadrunner, and everything else (including the help) was equally roadrunnerish. I just trashed those nasty black beans and stale rolls.

58 minutes ago, KingDL1 said: