With 5 to go, lets look at the games we should win,could win, and probably wont win, with the understanding that we probably wont get 7 turnovers in any of these.First, two I don't see us winning are W.K. on the road and La. Tech at home. Both these teams are on a par with M.T.S.U.The Bulldogs lost to the Blue Raiders by 4 on the road,beat W.K. by 3 at home.The Hilltoppers beat M.T.S.U. by 1 at home.Second, we could beat So. Miss. at home and U.T.S.A. on the road.I was surprised that the Roadrunners beat So. Miss. by 23 at home. then lost to UTEP by 3 on the road in 5 overtimes.We must win one of these two games, and should beat U.T.E.P on the road to end the regular season. Our path to 6 wins gets easier if we beat U.T.S.A this weekend.We both beat Rice in Houston, UNT by 7 in overtime, and U.T.S.A. by 1 point in regulation. On paper this game should be a pick-em, but on paper a Bumblebee can't fly.On another note, I only saw 2 to 4 wins this season, and neither Marshall nor Army were among them, so my predictions should be taken with a grain of salt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

My pre-season pick was four wins. At this point, any win we achieve is just gravy. IMO, this coaching staff and our players have outperformed, based on the hurdles they had to jump coming into the season. UTSA looms ahead as a possible trap game for us, coming off a big win, while nUTSAck is at home, pissed off and motivated to beat us. If we can get up to excise nUTSAck we could make it to seven wins and go bowling. What a start to the Seth Littrell era!

• Upvote 1

Man I remember the frustration in that middle game of not being able to get the raiders off the field - so many long 3rd down conversions made.  Same with smu.  Our d plays bigger in a rematch and I think we have a chance at winning those games. That's going to be the ticket to more wins this year. 

GMG

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

According to "experts" we should have lost by 19 points yesterday.  

Actually, the line is the number of points needed to get an equal number of bets on each side.   The Volkswagen in Vegas don't care about the actual outcome as long as their is roughtly the same amount bet on both sides. Based on our last decade of performance, I'm sure there is a lot of bias against better on us without a lot of points. 

• Upvote 1

I predicted 5-7, including wins against SMU, B-C, Army, UTSA, UTEP, and then one of the games against MTSU and LaTech. 

Instead, we lost to SMU (in first game for new coaches and systems), but won against Rice (in OT) and Marshall. 

Let's get a good turnout at UTSA (the band is going) and come home 5-3 (3-1 C-USA) to face LaTech. I never want to predict that we will lose, but WesternKY appears to be toughest game left on our schedule. 8-4 is within reach, and 7-5 is very much in play. Failing to hit 6-6 would be a surprise at this point.

Edited by rws69
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

We you in any of the crowd shots?

He was sitting way up top in the end zone beside me and Ben Joiner.  We were pretty high to get in any crowd shots.  But we were pretty darn loud....that count?

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, VideoEagle said:

Actually, the line is the number of points needed to get an equal number of bets on each side.   The Volkswagen in Vegas don't care about the actual outcome as long as their is roughtly the same amount bet on both sides. Based on our last decade of performance, I'm sure there is a lot of bias against better on us without a lot of points. 

Except they have expert handicappers that set the line to begin with, before bets are even taken for a particular game. 

8 minutes ago, wardly said:

Why is it negative to predict wins and losses? Also, CUSA scheduling question. We drew MTSU and WK from the East, UTEP got FIU and FAU. Does this rotate every year?

Normally in a conference with division you play your crossover teams two years in a row, home and home. That has happened this year and last with us in CUSA. However, UAB is bringing back football next year which will change the rotation. I think we'll lose one crossover game so instead of 3 we'll have 2. I think it is highly unlikely our 2 will be Marshall, MTSU or WK as we've played them two years in a row but since there is a scheduling reset it's possible.

With the scheduling reset, I personally hope we can adjust so we divide up the CUSA Texas teams so we don't have an ALL home or ALL away schedule. Personally, I'd like to have a mix of Texas home and away games every year. 

• Upvote 1