Army-North texas recap after the game...

westdorm528

11 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

UTSA game is at 7 PM.  You could get some alone time with the wife before heading out.  I'm not recommending that, but ... 

Kickoff is at 6pm, not 7pm.  Don't play pranks on him just because he's a yankee.  ;-)

See if the wife wants to see the sights of San Antonio and then see the game together.   Being an indoor game, she should stay comfortable.   

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Kickoff is at 6pm, not 7pm.  Don't play pranks on him just because he's a yankee.  ;-)

See if the wife wants to see the sights of San Antonio and then see the game together.   Being an indoor game, she should stay comfortable.   

Oops.  I'm on the east coast ... I forgot to carry the one. 

A  night game...didn't know that....now I have a little more leverage.... I live in south austin too....only about 10 minutes from Interstate 35... I'm only 20 minutes from San Marcus....how long would it take to the Alamodome from Austin....around 90 minutes right?....maybe do the "River" in the afternoon and go to the game....get to bond with my wife and watch the Mean Green....kill two birds with one stone...thanks guys for the suggestion.... lets she if she bites....

Edited by westdorm528
  • Upvote 5

25 minutes ago, westdorm528 said:

A  night game...didn't know that....now I have a little more leverage.... I live in south austin too....only about 10 minutes from Interstate 35... I'm only 20 minutes from San Marcus....how long would it take to the Alamodome from Austin....around 90 minutes right?....maybe do the "River" in the afternoon and go to the game....get to bond with my wife and watch the Mean Green....kill two birds with one stone...thanks guys for the suggestion.... lets she if she bites....

Just DO NOT say "kill two birds with one stone" to your wife. That will not go well. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, westdorm528 said:

...and in the 1st half North Texas two td's that were somewhat lucky and  questionable... the 1st  TD pass the NT wr shoved the Army defender away before he caught the td...it was offensive pass interference.. blatant...not sure what the TV announcers said but we were 20 feet from the endzone...we all waited for the flag and there was none...we all smiled and realized we might have stole a play...

Great post, but I take exception with the point above.   It was likely the angle from where you were sitting.  The commentators (who were annoyingly Army homers) made no comments about this possibly being pass interference.  They showed three different camera angles and dissected the play after the commercial break.  Their primary comment was that the pass was under thrown and behind the receiver.  I saw some typical hand smacking from both players, but the defender got spun around because of the placement of the pass, not a push. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the nice comments....UNT 90 Grad....it was offensive pass interference...100%....he put both hands on the Army defender and pushed his shoulder pads away.....he got about 2 feet of separation and made the catch....you get a copy of that and post it here....we had the perfect angle from where we were sitting....and about 10-20 NT fans sitting next to us saw the exact same thing.....I'm sure they were other plays where wr's and db's are pushing vs each other running down the field....but on that play....it was offensive pass interference...we were sitting in the right corner on the south end  zone....the Army DB looked at the ref and kinda looked surprised nothing was called...and so was all the NT fans sitting next to us....get a copy of that play and post it here....did the TV camera zero in on the play or was it from a distance....because if they did zero on you would see it.....now if it was just me that saw it just maybe I saw it wrong.....but we all saw it clearly....don't think it had any effect on the game...NT would of won anyway by their 2nd half play....

Edited by westdorm528
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, westdorm528 said:

Thanks for the nice comments....UNT 90 Grad....it was offensive pass interference...100%....he put both hands on the Army defender and pushed his shoulder pads away.....he got about 2 feet of separation and made the catch....you get a copy of that and post it here....we had the perfect angle from where we were sitting....and about 10-20 NT fans sitting next to us saw the exact same thing.....I'm sure they were other plays where wr's and db's are pushing vs each other running down the field....but on that play....it was offensive pass interference...we were sitting in the right corner on the north end of the end zone....the Army DB looked at the ref and kinda looked surprised nothing was called...and so was all the NT fans sitting next to us....get a copy of that play and post it here....did the TV camera zero in on the play or was it from a distance....because if they did zero on you would see it.....now if it was just me that saw it just maybe I saw it wrong.....but we all saw it clearly....don't think it had any effect on the game...NT would of won anyway by their 2nd half play....

I'll admit, I thought it was pass interference when I first saw it too.  Seeing the multiple angles at different speeds is what changed my mind.  I'll try to find a way to get the footage.  I may have to get my brainiac son to help me figure out how to pull it off.  

1 hour ago, westdorm528 said:

Thanks for the nice comments....UNT 90 Grad....it was offensive pass interference...100%....he put both hands on the Army defender and pushed his shoulder pads away.....he got about 2 feet of separation and made the catch....you get a copy of that and post it here....we had the perfect angle from where we were sitting....and about 10-20 NT fans sitting next to us saw the exact same thing.....I'm sure they were other plays where wr's and db's are pushing vs each other running down the field....but on that play....it was offensive pass interference...we were sitting in the right corner on the south end  zone....the Army DB looked at the ref and kinda looked surprised nothing was called...and so was all the NT fans sitting next to us....get a copy of that play and post it here....did the TV camera zero in on the play or was it from a distance....because if they did zero on you would see it.....now if it was just me that saw it just maybe I saw it wrong.....but we all saw it clearly....don't think it had any effect on the game...NT would of won anyway by their 2nd half play....

You're still wrong about the catch.  His hands tough the defender but he goes down trying to turn to the ball.  There was no push at all. 

• Upvote 2

Guys,I understand what your saying....and would love to agree with all of you...but I saw it clearly and we had the best possible  angle...I saw the NT WR put his hands out and push the Army DB { the hands were put above the numbers}...the Army DB was shoved a little and maybe was moved a foot or two...then Goree made the catch.....it was like coming through my living room.....I can't say what you guys saw on TV and what angles they had....but if a camera was in front of us it would of caught it perfectly. Our angle is from the end zone and the play is right in front of us....nobody at Michie had a better angle then us....I'll be the 1st to say I was wrong if the replay is found....but we saw the Army DB position shift when Goree put his hands on him.....Goree might of made the catch..I'm not disagreeing with that..but there was contact and Goree initiated it...now running down the field they could of been jostling with each other...we were watching the ball... but a few seconds later we are looking to see where it is going....hopefully someone has this on tape....maybe someone who was sitting with us can confirm what we saw....the skinny kid and his buddy with a beard wearing North Texas shirts....the lady and her husband... from Dallas....and a few others...not sure if they come to this site....if you do would appreciate your opinion.....we all agreed it was pass interference...the nice thing about this disagreement is that we won and might get to a bowl game..... Go Mean Green

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, westdorm528 said:

golfgomez has the replay..watch it....you can see goree push off...although the angle you see isn't what we had you see  the shove..not sure how to put the replay here but go to his thread..

I watched that video.  I saw the defender fall down on his own accord.  The hands were extended but did not really push. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

No disrespect to anyone but the camera angle isn't the greatest but I watched it in slow motion....at the 5 yd line is where Goree put his hands up and gives him a shove...watch the Army DB only..you can see even from that angle he gets moved...at the 3 Goree catches it.....but again we had the best angle because it was coming right at us...we are looking at the play from behind...not the side...you can perfectly see goree put his hands around the back shoulder near the numbers and have contact with a shove....of course we can't tell how strong was the shove but by the way the army DB moved it looked significant...Meanrob the Army video board isn't the clearest board... I didn't even look up to see that replay.....not sure where you were sitting...but if you were over by the corner on the right side of the end zone....a little to the right of where the cheerleaders were on the field you would have the perfect angle...anyway I believe what I saw....my buddy is the PA announcer at the game..another one of my friends is the time keeper.... I'll ask them this week....but knowing them of course they will say he pushed off...

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, westdorm528 said:

No disrespect to anyone but the camera angle isn't the greatest but I watched it in slow motion....at the 5 yd line is where Goree put his hands up and gives him a shove...watch the Army DB only..you can see even from that angle he gets moved...at the 3 Goree catches it.....but again we had the best angle because it was coming right at us...we are looking at the play from behind...not the side...you can perfectly see goree put his hands around the back shoulder near the numbers and have contact with a shove....of course we can't tell how strong was the shove but by the way the army DB moved it looked significant...Meanrob the Army video board isn't the clearest board... I didn't even look up to see that replay.....not sure where you were sitting...but if you were over by the corner on the right side of the end zone....a little to the right of where the cheerleaders were on the field you would have the perfect angle...anyway I believe what I saw....my buddy is the PA announcer at the game..another one of my friends is the time keeper.... I'll ask them this week....but knowing them of course they will say he pushed off...

Refs called it legal. Refs suck. Crappy job to do. This call, good or bad, went way of U of NT. GMG. Beat nutsack 

• Upvote 1