UTEP & UTSA in Double OT

ADLER

2 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

We play UtEP the last game of the year right? 

Yes and EL Paso is not a good place to watch a game especially after dark.  One of my managers and her husband went out there last year to see Tech play, both alums, and swore they would never go back.  They both were threatened and she was happy her husband was concealed carry.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, hickoryhouse said:

For some reason I have very vivid memories of UTSA being quite the dirty team.  

Maybe it has changed under the new regime....

This article is a bit dated, but from 2003-2012, UTSA led the nation as the dirtiest team based on personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties per game.  Note that UTSA didn't have a team that entire time, but still shows they were trending dirtier than all other teams.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jakel11/who-are-the-dirtiest-teams-in-college-football-answer-the-on?utm_term=.sgBL8jKM3X#.cheRzPlW16

Edited by UNT 90 Grad

9 hours ago, hickoryhouse said:

For some reason I have very vivid memories of UTSA being quite the dirty team.  

Maybe it has changed under the new regime....

I remember that too when we played them in 2013.

9 hours ago, Cerebus said:

CUSA TV has been worth the money to me.  Sometimes the production and/or feed is bad, but I love watching all the conference teams.  

Glad I am not the only one that has seen bad production/Feed on CUSA. But we did have the game live here in the local area.

9 hours ago, UTSA Fan said:

UNT better watch the hell out. UTEP is easily the dirtiest team I see year in and out. They cheap shot Bogenshutz and ended his career and hit Sturm easily 3 seconds after the whistle and drove him into the ground. Fine better keep his head on a swivel, the UTEP player wasn't ejected. 

UTEP head coach Kluger near busted a vein in his head going after his player who committed that foul.   I don't think that'll happen again with that player.

Vito keeps trying to make UTSA / UNT a rivalry but UTSA / UTEP is already there.  Lots of chippiness in that game. 

4 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

UTEP head coach Kluger near busted a vein in his head going after his player who committed that foul.   I don't think that'll happen again with that player.

Vito keeps trying to make UTSA / UNT a rivalry but UTSA / UTEP is already there.  Lots of chippiness in that game. 

Good.   Those two teams deserve each other.  UT system schools should be "rivals" with each other.

Let's hope the game on 11/5 carries some weight for C-USA West, as it will help set up a real rivalry with LA Tech, who should be our rival anyway.

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, UTSA Fan said:

UNT better watch the hell out. UTEP is easily the dirtiest team I see year in and out. They cheap shot Bogenshutz and ended his career and hit Sturm easily 3 seconds after the whistle and drove him into the ground. Fine better keep his head on a swivel, the UTEP player wasn't ejected. 

Thanks for the heads-up!  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, greenminer said:

was this incident on campus/gameday?

I loved night games at the Sun Bowl!

I think it was an evening game Nov 18,1995 when they beat #25 BYU.

Night game.  People were trying to pick fights with them as they left the game.

If we're going to go with anecdotal accounts here, I would like to say that I was at the UNT/UTEP game a couple years ago that ended after 11pm, and I walked almost 2 miles back to my hotel (the buses stopped running) without a single problem. I felt absolutely comfortable during my trip to El Paso. Looking forward to visiting again.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, That_Guy_Arlo said:

If we're going to go with anecdotal accounts here, I would like to say that I was at the UNT/UTEP game a couple years ago that ended after 11pm, and I walked almost 2 miles back to my hotel (the buses stopped running) without a single problem. I felt absolutely comfortable during my trip to El Paso. Looking forward to visiting again.

Might have something to do with my friends being Tech grads.  Just sayin'