Baseball

MrStrange62

I wrote checks to UNT for 6 semesters of undergraduate school, 4 semesters of grad school, and for dozens upon dozens of traffic violations. Am I close to funding a baseball yet?

LOL laugh.gif That is great! I racked up so many parking tickets during my time at UNT that my glove compartment was like a permanent sea of yellow envelopes. unsure.gif Yeah, those were fun to pay off. huh.gif

LOL laugh.gif  That is great! I racked up so many parking tickets during my time at UNT that my glove compartment was like a permanent  sea of yellow envelopes. unsure.gif Yeah, those were fun to pay off. huh.gif

I never got any tickets. ph34r.gif Course, I was more of a camper then a hunter.

Well, I take that back, I had some tickets that were on my record, but they were for another truck (same model and color) and the meter maid transversed the last 2 digits of the permit. The Parking Office fixed that little booboo. tongue.gif

That's my fault. I knew you actually like baseball because we have talked about it before. I also know you are not totally against baseball pants either. If A-Rod is your favorite player because he hits for power and average while being a whiz with the glove and an arm that can nail anyone from deep in the hole, and not because he is hot, I will take it back. wink.gif

I got confused and was thinking about the golf team and your um, interest in that exciting sport and it's participants that represent North Texas. smile.gif You are a genuine baseball fan and I apologize. Nicole knows it is right on the money as far as she is concerned though. laugh.gif

Edited by IronMan4

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure of When but i know we play at Mack Park off of McKinney Drive. You should be able to find a schedule on the Rec Sports Website. The Club Team is actually some pretty good baseball and a fun bunch of guys, if you couldnt tell i used to be a part of the team before the injuries cought up to me but i still know some players and are planning to get out there this spirng to see them compete for the NCBA title.

I don't know of any Division 1A universities that totally comply with the percentage of females vs. percentage of scholarships/facilities. Female sports are about 35% of our athletic budget and about 55% of our student body is female. But we do have to comply with the spirit of the law.

Let's say CUSA would take us if we added baseball, just as the Southland did, then I don't think that would be a stumbling block, nor I do think that the women would object if we promised to add another women's sport within 'x' amount of time.

Funding might be difficult but I'd bet that there are alums who would give to support the baseball program only. We might not cover all of the baseball budget initially but enough to ease the pain. It may take some kind of conference demand though or we'll postpone it until we can truly afford it.

I looked at the ten 1-AA schools that would be the best possibilities for Division 1A and fournd that only Montana did NOT play baseball. Four were predominantly black universities where funding is sometimes a problem. There aren't very many 1A universities that do not play baseball. Baseball is not that expensive because many players are not on a full scholarship.