Baseball

MrStrange62

WE NEED BASEBALL NOW!!!!

FIND IT IN THE BUDGET AND ADD A WOMENS ROWING TEAM ...

GO EAGLE BASEBALL

???

Sure, I'd love a baseball team, but it's not as easy as just add it.

More football wins = more donors = more $$ = more sports.

By the way, the top 5 sports dropped by colleges in the past 15 years are men's soccer, men's gymnastics, men's wrestling, men's volleyball, and men's baseball. Do you see a trend?

Thanks, Title IX! blink.gif

Edited by LoveMG

Sure we can add a women's bowling team, but what title 9 states is that the same amount has to be spent on womens sports and facilities and mens... so thats alot of money to spend on a bowling team...

as for baseball, it might be that they are putting together the team and recruiting base starting next year for when we get the sanction (like getting coaches in place to take over when the time is right).

as for baseball, it might be that they are putting together the team and recruiting base starting next year for when we get the sanction (like getting coaches in place to take over when the time is right).

Where did you hear UNT was forming a varsity baseball team? Are you sure it wasn't just about the club baseball team?

Baseball is not coming anytime soon, unless we get one heck of a check written for us. Another problem with Title IX is that the percentage of opportunities in sports needs to be proportionate to the percentage of males/females at the school. So for a school that has a large percentage of females, for example, UNT has like 55% females I believe, we need to offer 55% of the opportunities to females. So for every 45 male scholarships we add, we need to add 55 female scholarships.

At North Texas, you can start with the loss of men's soccer and men's tennis. At different schools it's different sports. Instead of creating more opportunities for women, all most schools did to balance was eliminate men's sports.

To play devils advocate here, the truth is that you have to keep the number of scholarships in the correct ratio.

The NCAA member instirutions could cut the number of Football, to say 55-60 instead of 85 scholarships, and then not had to have removed some mens sports. 30 scholarships could be shared to a mens soccer team, baseball team, etc just fine.

At North Texas, you can start with the loss of men's soccer and men's tennis. At different schools it's different sports. Instead of creating more opportunities for women, all most schools did to balance was eliminate men's sports.

Wow, I think that there are a few swimmers/divers/softball players that would disagree with you.

I would have to side with them.

Seeya,

Shane

• 5 weeks later...

As soon as you write that check, oh, and a check for the Womens sport so we stay in Title IX compliance...

Thats the only thing holding us back.

I wrote checks to UNT for 6 semesters of undergraduate school, 4 semesters of grad school, and for dozens upon dozens of traffic violations. Am I close to funding a baseball yet?