Seth Littell

untjim1995

Should be CUSA COY as the barest of minimums--national coach of the year at the g5 level. Dude is about to get paid big time within the next 12-15 months. I am hoping against hope he just loves Denton and just will wait until the OU job opens up before entertaining leaving. 

If I'm UH, he is at the top of my list to replace Herman when he gets hired by a P5 giant. And if Tech decides to spend the cash to buy out their mistake of extending Coach Bro foolishly, he has 4 years left on that contract at 3.5 million per year, I'm calling Littrell ASAP. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Should be CUSA COY as the barest of minimums--national coach of the year at the g5 level. Dude is about to get paid big time within the next 12-15 months. I am hoping against hope he just loves Denton and just will wait until the OU job opens up before entertaining leaving. 

If I'm UH, he is at the top of my list to replace Herman when he gets hired by a P5 giant. And if Tech decides to spend the cash to buy out their mistake of extending Coach Bro foolishly, he has 4 years left on that contract at 3.5 million per year, I'm calling Littrell ASAP. 

Think it would be to soon for him to get an offer . He hasn't even had a full year to recruit. I could see us loosing Ek if the D keeps playing like this !

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I'd give it another year before I get concerned about him getting snatched away. I do think we'll be seeing Seth coaching P5 in time. I don't care who you are, if you have opposing views. Bringing a 115th rank, 1-11, with a a true freshman QB to 4-3 mid point in the season the next year is a genius in the works. 

I might have a 2nd favorite college team in the future. And that would be whatever P5, Coach Littrell is leading when he leaves us at the promised lands of winning.

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 2

This old man thinks that Littrell's character is such that he won't entertain any job overtures until he has accomplished what he set out to do when he came here. That goes for his staff too. When we string together a couple of winning seasons and we're definitely on the upswing is when we should be on the alert for any staff defections. IMO, they are here to build something to show they can...then they might listen to something higher up the food chain. I believe Littrell and Co. are career-builders, not just money whores.

• Upvote 4

Just now, EagleMBA said:

This old man thinks that Littrell's character is such that he won't entertain any job overtures until he has accomplished what he set out to do when he came here. That goes for his staff too. When we string together a couple of winning seasons and we're definitely on the upswing is when we should be on the alert for any staff defections. IMO, they are here to build something to show they can...then they might listen to something higher up the food chain. I believe Littrell and Co. are career-builders, not just money whores.

Accepting a position that is 2 or 3 times the pay would be hard to turn down for any family man.

• Upvote 1

Just now, PlummMeanGreen said:

Why does this eternal "oh God we're going to lose our coach now" even come up?  So much more to concern ourselves about than this tired theme befor a coach even has his 1'st winning season.  

Amen!

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Why does this eternal "oh God we're going to lose our coach now" even come up?  So much more to concern ourselves about than this tired theme before a coach even has his 1'st winning season.

Yup.

Also, people should be aware that we had another coach interview with us who has also taken his team to a 4-3 record, after being even worse than we were last year at 0-12. Scott Frost at UCF has them turned around just as impressively. All that to say, there's no reason we shouldn't be bringing in good coaches every time we have a job opening.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, EagleMBA said:

This

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Just because you're sitting dead wrong as you usually are doesn't mean someone is going to swoop in and snag him. His best win is against 4-3 Army. You need to slam on the brakes. It's OK to just say, "ya know, I was wrong" instead of all that other bs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3