Gameday....NT-Army

westdorm528

Army -18 over North Texas *****
So much info on this game....NT is 3-3 playing its  best football in years..coming off big win vs Marshall...New coach theme is " T it up and let it fly".. plays spread offense...good running back in Wilson...defense has some problems....but Army is a new team..stumbled vs buffalo but they lead the nation in rushing and are No 2 in defense...defensive stats you have to take differently because they hold the ball so much in their wishbone offense...Army is not the 2nd best defense in the country...but have played solid...They get their there 6'5 Wr back Poe...Johnson the fullback has been a monster..Bradshaw the qb is the 2nd leading rusher and doesn't fumble like last yr...Carter the other qb is dangerous because he can throw...its a nice 2 way attack.....
The weather is a big factor today...its in the low 50's with rain all day....with winds 20-30 with possible 40mph....that plays into Army's offense over North texas..NT had the week off to prepare but that is overrated...Temple who looked good last night had the whole summer to prepare for army and couldn't figure out how to stop them...I think North Texas has a better offense then the past and could score a few td's but the NT defense is not disciplined enough...Army controls the ball and clock.. NT could get 8 or 9 possessions the whole game..... I am going to the game and will be cheering on my Mean Green and hoping I'm totally wrong... Go Mean Green...my heart says North Texas but I think Army wins by 3 or more Td's..

Weather this morning....high 40's will go up to low 50's... its a cold damp Fall day here in NY...rain is now 90% with winds that could be 20-30 mph...by halftime possible 40mph....terrible weather conditions since all week its been in the high 70's and sunny....no umbrella's allowed in the stadium...not sure which way the wind is blowing but if its blowing south we are in the south end zone...bring a dry cloth or paper towel to wipe your seat so its not wet....bring a few black plastic garbage leaf bags to put over you if you don't have a raincoat... and I hope I'm 100% wrong and North Texas kicks Army butt... Go Mean Green...it takes me 25 minutes to get to the Point w/o traffic...

Edited by westdorm528
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1