Basketball ticketing

Army of Dad

Well, we did it again. We bought season tickets. 

There are some reasonably significant changes that may impact other fans. 

1. No more family four packs (at least for season tickets, but I don't see them on the website for single games either).

2. The ends of the lower bowl are now general admission. These baseline areas used to be assigned seating and available for season tickets. This is no longer the case. (The student section appears to be unchanged)

3. My wife had to go through a couple of people but eventually talked to the new ticketing director, Tricia Drummond, and she was able to get us taken care of. 

We really liked our seats and that was the main factor in renewing during a couple of seasons in the current coaching era. AoM let Tricia know we don't like the new rules.

Also of concern is that we were never contacted about renewing our seats. We had to contact them. My wife checked and they had her cell number on file. Per Tricia they had a 3rd party contact season ticket holders. At least we were able to provide her with that feedback so she can evaluate that vendor with more info in hand.

Edited by Army of Dad
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

Well, we did it again. We bought season tickets. 

There are some reasonably significant changes that may impact other fans. 

1. No more family four packs (at least for season tickets, but I don't see them on the website for single games either).

2. The ends of the lower bowl are now general admission. These baseline areas used to be assigned seating and available for season tickets. This is no longer the case. (The student section appears to be unchanged)

3. My wife had to go through a couple of people but eventually talked to the new ticketing director, Tricia Drummond, and she was able to get us taken care of. 

We really liked our seats and that was the main factor in renewing during a couple of seasons in the current coaching era. AoM let Tricia know we don't like the new rules.

Also of concern is that we were never contacted about renewing our seats. We had to contact them. My wife checked and they had her cell number on file. Per Tricia they had a 3rd party contact season ticket holders. At least we were able to provide her with that feedback so she can evaluate that vendor with more info in hand.

No one contacted me either, but there have been several notes about basketball season ticket renewals within the Mean Green Club weekly newsletters and several announcements during the coaches radio shows.  I have also seen reminders on Facebook and on Twitter.

FYI...there will be a player meet and greet (with meal I believe) on NOVEMBER 6th (I believe) at the Super Pit for all those who have purchased and/or renewed their basketball season tickets.  I believe it kicks off at 6PM.  Announcement was just made during the last Coaches Radio Show.  Was the first I had heard of it, so be looking for info in the Mean Green Club Newsletters, on Facebook and on Twitter.  Should be fun!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

10 hours ago, MCMLXXX said:

I received renewal notice in the mail. Stopped by the ticket office and renewed last week.

We didn't get anything in the mail, though it's possible they had our old address. The third party was supposed to call every season ticket holder and they did have my wife's cell number correct on file.

ETA:

You may want to let Tricia know you were not called. I'd imagine the more info she has the better.

Edited by Army of Dad
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

what are season tickets going for this year, i just bought tickets at the gate last year.  I paid with cash it was the most amazing event to watch.  It took forever to get in the door to buy one ticket with cash.  Hope they improve that.

http://www.meangreensports.com/tickets/mensbasketball.html

GA is $75/seat. Cheapest ones where you get your own seat are $150/seat.

12 hours ago, southsideguy said:

I paid with cash it was the most amazing event to watch.  It took forever to get in the door to buy one ticket with cash.  Hope they improve that.

I'm not entirely sure if I went to a game last year, but the last couple of times I've gone and bought a ticket at the door, it was absolutely horrendous.  I've had better experience trying to get a special order at Braum's with some new hire teenager stoned out of her gourd. 

$12 ticket, give the person a twenty dollar bill.  Mass confusion ensues.  Offer to pay with card instead.  This makes things worse. 

• Upvote 2

On October 20, 2016 at 1:13 PM, KRAM1 said:

No one contacted me either, but there have been several notes about basketball season ticket renewals within the Mean Green Club weekly newsletters and several announcements during the coaches radio shows.  I have also seen reminders on Facebook and on Twitter.

FYI...there will be a player meet and greet (with meal I believe) on NOVEMBER 6th (I believe) at the Super Pit for all those who have purchased and/or renewed their basketball season tickets.  I believe it kicks off at 6PM.  Announcement was just made during the last Coaches Radio Show.  Was the first I had heard of it, so be looking for info in the Mean Green Club Newsletters, on Facebook and on Twitter.  Should be fun!

Here is some info about the event KRAM is talking about.

• 2 weeks later...
On October 29, 2016 at 10:31 AM, Army of Dad said:

Here is some info about the event KRAM is talking about.

And, what a nice event it was!  The meal was catered by Cartright's Ranch House here in Denton, and both the men's team and women's team attended as did their respective coaching staffs.  We sat at our table with Rickey Brice who was really fun.  I am impressed with this young man, and on top of that, he has to be the happiest kid on a basketball court I have ever seen.  No cost to attend if you had purchased or renewed season tickets.  The players were really engaging...the men all came around and introduced themselves and chatted with the attendees.  The ladies were a bit more reserved as they had just finished playing (and beating) TWU in an exhibition game.

Am sure everyone else knows, but I learned that the NCAA says you can have two exhibition games or two closed scrimmages.  Or, you can hold one of each.  The men chose two closed scrimmages (SFA and TCU), thus no exhibition games this year.

Both coaches spoke and each player introduced themselves.  I would estimate that maybe 75-80 fans, plays players, coaches and  AD and Mean Green Club staffers in attendance.

All in all a very enjoyable event for those in attendance.  Learned a good bit about a few players as individuals.

• Upvote 2